High walls

"Liam...please....Liam...stop running...Liam...please... don't go."

I doubt he heard me. My voice was too soft, too weak to be heard through the harsh sounds of water pouring on the dirt road.

Out of breath, my legs gave in and I collapsed on the floor, looking back at the disappearing blur that was Liam. I hated myself for being too weak, for giving up too quickly.

Head tilted back, I took in one long and deserving gasp of air. Drops of rain trickled down my exposed skin, as I laid there looking up at the darkening sky.

The sky was covered with different shades of grey, in places a chink of light was able to break through, but otherwise it was dark..

I took in the smell, it was my favorite smell. The scent of rain.

Raw.

"Fuck... Adeline. Are you okay... please tell me you're okay. " My eyes fluttered open, faintly smiling back at Liam.

Staring back at him, his eyes were clouded with a mist of anger and worry, a hint of relieve and happiness all at once.

Without a word, I took an unsteady hand and placed it gingerly across his beaten face, frowning.

"It's okay, baby. I'm fine." He smiled too big, a little too fake. I wasn't fooled.

"Let's get out of here okay." Liam whispered into my ear, reaching towards me with two open arms, but I refused to give in.

"No." Slowly moving away from his embrace, I laid back down on the dirt road and let the small drops of rain mask the tears on my face.

"No?" Confused, he knelt down beside me.

"Tell me what happened Liam. " My tear stricken eyes not daring to leave his. I didn't want him to leave, not again.

"There's nothing to tell. I got into a little fight. It was nothing really." His eyes focused for a second on the ground before returning his gaze back to mine. The corner of his lips tugged upwards.

He couldn't fool me.

"Tell me the truth." I demanded, moving a couple inches towards him, scanning his face for any hint of lies.

He began fidgeting with his fingers again. It was a habit of his.

He gave me a reassuring smile. The silence between the two of us was unbearable. I needed to know.

"Tell me the fucking truth, Liam."

Silence.

Breaking the silence, I moved closer to him, hands curled into a small fist. I wanted to know who put their hands on him. I had the right to know.

"Leave it. For Chris Sake. Leave it the fuck alone. " His sudden change of voice caused me to jump back, the hurt in his eyes was evident. I saw right past that.

His hurt eyes shot back at me before glancing at his fidgeting fingers. My actions hurt him but I wasn't afraid of him, not even a bit. I knew it was an act.

He was quite the actor.

Slowly, he moved away from me and rose to his feet, I immediately pulled him back.

"You're not going to leave me." The desperation in my voice was too clear and near the point of tears but I didn't care. Liam needed to know that I was here for him. That his distance was killing me.

"Please..Adeline. You don't want to know. "

I know there's probably  a lot of spelling errors and it's really short and plain but I just felt like updating it so yeah, come at me ahah. I really want you guys to know more about the characters and get to know them. It's gonna get sad real quick so get the tissues ready.