Quit giving me that look

"Don't be late to school anymore. I mean it Adeline!"

The few times my mom and I have somewhat of a conversation, she just happens to act like that stereotypical,serious, over controlling parent.

It's fine I guess. But when both of your parents are never around, it kind of feels lonely.

"Adeline!" She yelled from downstairs.

"I know mom!"

And with that, she hurried towards the front door.

Ironic really.

My mother was yelling at me for being late to school when my she was running late to work.

Parents.

I was almost always late to school.

I hated it.

High school just ate you up and chewed you back out. Yes, we have to get an education and be "successful" in life. Yeah, whatever but it's a ton worse when you deal with anxiety.

Anxiety and depression.

Even worse when you haven't told anyone about it.

How can you just possibly bring that up to a conversation?

Oh hey by the way, whenever I enter a classroom I feel like I can't breathe. Every single time my teacher makes me pair up with someone or talk in class, I freak out.
I get really awkward.
I mess up my words.
I think too much.
I practice what I'm gonna say in my head before I say it, but it just doesn't come out right.
I turn an embarrassing shade of red.
I sweat uncontrollably.
I stutter.
I turn into a mess.

Yeah that's a great way to turn a conversation sad and dark.

Ext: School / period 1: physics

"Oh hey, you're actually on time today. " Blake smiled at me.

He dramatically clapped his hands which caused a group of people to turn their attention towards us.

I quickly hurried to the back and sat in the seat next to him. I rolled my eyes. He looked back at me, patting my head while giving me an apologetic look.

He knew I was shy. The last thing I wanted was any type of attention.

He was a pretty sweet guy really.

The typical class clown.

I really don't know how people like him even try to talk to me. The first time he did, I barely talked to him.

It was embarrassing.

Really embarrassing.

It was as if he was trying to have a conversation with a little kid who barely knew how to talk.

Everyday he sat next to me.

He always talked to me and continued to until I was comfortable talking to him.

He had patience with me. That must have been difficult for him because gosh, am I shy as hell.
It's a curse.

The perks of being friends with a guy like Blake is being his lab partner. Whenever we have presentations, he just talks and talks. I just stand there, avoid eye contact with the class,and let him take over.