Chapter 16: First Day

The bell rang for first period and I studied th schedule that the princible gave me. My first period class was Biology, the room number was B16. I looked around and there was no one around to help me find my class. As I walked around a bit, I saw a big uppercase B that hung from the wall. I walked down the corridor and soon found my class. I peeked through the window and I saw everyone settled in working on something. I didn't want to just go in there so I saved myself the embarrasment and knocked on the door. I patiently waited as I saw a curly haired boy come to the door. He dressed kind of nerdy casual, but also cute in a way. He opened the door and smiled, "Hi, how may I help you?" He asked me with the same warming smile on his face. I looked at my schedule and then looked up. His eyes were a deep light blue that almost made them look white. He was gorgeous. I snapped back into my right mind just as someone cleared there throat. "Micah, you can come sit down. Whoever it is can make themselve known." The teacher said.

Micah nodded his head and held the door open for me to come in. He then took a seat. All eyes were on me. I looked at my scheldule once more trying not to think about the eyes that starred me down. "Um, you are Mr. Ellis right?" I asked him with a low but stern tone. "Yes" he said as he got up and walked over to me. "The front office said that this is my first period, my name is Yn Clark." I said to him. He took my paper and signed his initials by his name. "You can sit next to Beverly." He pointed to a blond haired girl that gave me a stank look as the teacher said her name. As I made my way to the seat, everyone kept looking at me. The room was completly silent, these people better be glad I don't cuss each and every one of them out for looking at me.

When I took my seat, I looked at Beverly. "Hi I'm Yn-" she cut me off before I could finish my sentence. "Don't talk to me, don't look at me, I don't like you!" She said souding really preppy. I looked at her as if she just cursed my mother. I just rolled my eyes and turned my eyes foward. First period went by a little slow but I went through it. When the bell rung I got up and grabbed my schedule off of Mr. Ellis and made my way to the door when a familiar voice called after me. I turned around to see Micah grab his satchel and run my way. "Hey." I said to him as we started walking. "Hey, um I just wanted to apoligize to you about Beverly. She's like that to all the people here except for her crew." He said while quoting crew with his fingers. He asked me what my next class was and I told him it was AP Geometry. "Hey that's my next class too." He smiled. "How about I walk you there." We walked to class side by side. I could tell he was going to be a really good help.

As we entered the class, he told the teacher I was new, and I handed her my paper and she signed it. Her name was Miss Nelson. She was a really small teacher that still had assetes of a child. She spoke in a really low voice while her glasses occasionally fogged up from how hot it was in here. There was no seating chart in here so me and Micah sat in the corner where we joined some of his friends. "This is Michaela, Joanne, Dante, and Johnny." He greeted me to all of his friends. They were all really nice and invited me to sit next to them at lunch. Me and Dante were the only two black people that were in the group so far. Micah and Michaela were related and Joanne was Michaela's best friend. They told me about everything, from the cliques to the people I need to stand clear of.

My curiosity wandered and I couldn't help myself but I asked about Chresanto. "So what about the four dudes that always hang out with eachother?" I asked trying not to sound to obvious. They all looked at eachother and shrugged. "Are you talking about Chresanto and his friends?" Joanne said. I nodded signifying a yes. Joanne rolled her eyes and Michaela turned her head. "Is there something I'm missing?" I asked a little surprised and confused. "Chresanto is Joanne's ex." Michaela began. "While they were dating, he cheted on her with several different girls and even called her a slut in front of everyone." I covered my mouth and gasped lightly. "Wow, he must really be an asshole." I said. "He is." Joanne answered.

We talked for a while, I told them about my old school and where I used to live. I left out the part that Chresanto was my step brother and who my dad was. "Wow your really interesting." Dante spoke. I blushed, Dante was really cute. He had hazel eyes with dreads and he dressed so cute. They invited me to sit with them at lunch today and I accepted the offer.

The rest of class was filled with laughter and talking. When the bell rang I went to my 3rd period. It wasn't that hard to find. I was the first one in the classroom so I asked the teacher to sign my paper so I wouldn't have to be the seen of the room. I took a seat all the way in the back of the room, and I put my head in my arms and watched as people started to fill the room. A familiar face walked in and I kinda shifted a bit when I saw him. It was Princeton, he came in ruffling his hair. He must not have seen me because he didn't look my way. Then I saw Beverly walk in. I rolled my eyes and laid my head on the desk. Just as I was in thought a tall but slim figure shadow over me. "Um, your in my seat!" The familiar voice said loudly. I looked up and I sae Beverly with one hand on her hip. "I didn't see your name on it." I answered back to her. By now everyone was looking at us. Beverly smacked her lips and opened her mouth to speak but I cut her off. "Hey, I don't know you and you dont know me. Now I advice you to stop talking to me like I'm a child before I cuss you out. Now get out of my face."

She looked at me with fury. I just sat there and looked right back her. She turned around and sat next to one of her friends. I took out my phone. Someone then sat next me and started to play in my hair. I laughed a little when I saw that it was Princeton. I pushed his hand away ans fixed my bun. "I see your already making enemies." He said with his hands on my cheek. I looked at Beverly out of the corner of my eye and nodded. Princeton chuckled at me and hit me playfully. "You need to calm down." He said. I didn't pay attention to him because that's when he walked through the door. He was gorgeous, every feature of his body stood out. I have never seen anyone like him a day in my life.

I heard Princeton snap at me and it brought me out of my train of thought. "Who is that?" I asked Princeton. He smirked and crossed his arms, "That's my homie Sebastion." He started. "HEY Sebby, come here bro!" Princeton yelled from across the room. I put my head down as I saw him walking over to where we were sitting. "Hey bro." He said in a deep mexican accent. "Wassup, this is my friend she is new here." Princeton pointed at me. I waved hi and flashed him a smile. He waved then gave Princeton dap and walked of without even looking at me. "What's his problem?" I asked. "He doesn't really like black girls." I shrugged my shoulders but deep down I was a little hurt.

By the time lunch came around, I haven't seen none of the boys except for Princeton. I made my way to Micah's table and he greeted me. "Where's Joanne, and Michaela?" I asked a little confused. "Oh, they went to the library to go work on a project." I nodded my head, and I felt a little uncomfortable as I noticed I was sitting with all boys. "Well this is Jamie, Jacquees, Dante,Angel, Isaiah, and Andrue. " he said to me. They all said hi and we started eating. For some reason we picked up a conversation on shoes. As we were talking, my eyes began to wander. Then all of a sudden I saw them. Their table was in view, so they could clearly see me but none of them were looking. I scanned the table Princeton, Roc, Prodigy, Ray, Bahja, Zohnique, Bre, Sebastion, and Beverly. There were also some other people there but I didn't know their names. Roc looked behind him and I quickly turned my head. Once he turned around I looked at the table again and he had told the table something. I knew they were talking about me because they all looked my way. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Roc get up and walk over to me.

I tensed up as he got to the table and I looked up at him. "Mind if I take her for minute?" He asked. The guys looked eachother then nodded. Roc grabbed me by my arm and took me into the hallway. "Why are you with all of those guys?" He said in a really low voice. I snatched my arm away from him, "Why do you care." 

"Look these guys are bad news." 

"And what makes you say that." 

"Just trust me."  

"I can do whatever I want." 

"I'm trying to help you." 

I looked at him and rolled my eyes. "Your not my dad, now leave me alone, I'm a big girl and I could take care of myself."

I stormed back into the cafateria and I ran into Bahja. "Hey hoe." She laughed. I tried to walk past her but she pushed me to the ground. Everyone eyes were on me once again. "Don't ever try and talk to Sebastion or none of the guys, and Bree doesn't like you so stop talking to her. And never disrespect Beverly again." She walked off with Beverly and Zohnique. Bree ran over to me and kneeled down. "Omg, are you o-" I cut her off. "Don't talk to me, just leave me alone." I yelled at her. I got up and dusted myself off. I ran to the table, got my bag and stormed out of the cafateria.