❤ Chapter 2 ❤

A few weeks later... ⇜

*Justin's POV*

Justin: Mom, do I really have to go for the competition?

Pattie (Justin's mom): Yes, I signed you in already. It's too late to change it.

She gave me a slight smirk which caused me to roll my eyes. There we were, in the living room and quarelling about a singing competition. I couldn't believe that my mom just signed me in WITHOUT my permission! Argh!

Pattie: You'll do fine, Justin.

Justin: Sure I will.

I rolled my eyes in sarcasm and grabed my phone which was on the table. I stood up and left to my room before I heard a sigh come from my mom. I entered my room and slammed the door, in anger of course.

I decided to text my best friends Ryan and YN about the singing competition. I bet they're gonna be so supportive of me. Note the sarcasm.

To: Ryan & YN:

Aye... Don't laugh at what I'm gonna say. My mom signed me in for a singing competition.

It took a few minutes for YN to replied but no reply from Ryan so far.

From: YN

Wow, congrats! You sure do have a singing talent. I'll be by your side to support you, Bieber ;)

To: YN

Thanks :)

I wasn't really expecting an answer like that from YN but, oh well, I'm thankful for having a good friend like her. As the weeks passed, we became close friends if it wasn't for Ryan Butler. Now, the three of us are like brothers and sister.

My phone vibrated again, causing me to jump a little.

From: Ryan

Good luck, Bieber! You can do it! Your voice sounds like an angel OMG *girl's voice*

I playfully rolled my eyes and chuckled at Ryan's answer.

To: Ryan

Aww haha thanks, sis :*

I kept my phone in my pocket and laid down on my bed. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

Justin: Come in!

The door opened and there stood my mom.

Pattie: You do know that you have to ask who's there before letting 'em in, right? You may never know if there might a kidnapper or a serial killer...

Justin: Haha very funny, mom.

We laughed a little before my mom sat beside me on my queen-sized bed.

Pattie: Justin, I signed you up for the singing competition so that I could show your father how good your talent is.

Justin: Oh...

I sighed when I remembered the story that my mom told me. It's sad to know that they aren't together anymore like how they used to before I was born.

Justin: But... But how are you gonna show my talent to dad?

Pattie: By videotaping and posting it on Youtube.

Justin: YOUTUBE?!?!?!?!?!

Pattie: Chillax, Kidrauhl! People are gonna love your talent, trust me.

That was when my mom took my hand and held it tightly but gently.

Justin: Why is there a need to show dad my talent?

Pattie: Because showing him your talents also shows him how much you have grown without the love of your father. You've grown into a happy, handsome, young man with a hidden talent despite the lack of his love. I don't want anyone to take you away from me, not even your dad.

Justin: My dad wants to take me away from you?

My mom started tearing but I immediately hugged her to comfort her.

Justin: I'll never leave you, mom. I will always love and stay with my beautiful queen.

I wiped away the tears on my mom's cheeks with my thumbs, causing her to smile.

Pattie: I guess I should prepare lunch now. I'll be in the kitchen if you need me.

Justin: Okay.

My mom left my room and shutting the door behind her. I got bored so I decided to text YN and Ryan.

To: YN

Hey, YN. Wanna hang out at my place and do some karaoke?

From: YN

Sure! I'll be there in five.

I smiled when I read her text messages. After that, I texted Ryan.

To: Ryan

Karaoke at my house in five minutes ;)

From: Ryan

Sounds fun!

I played with my phone for a while when I heard the door bell rang. Wow that was fast.

I immediately rushed down the stairs and opened the door to see YN standing in front of me. She looked beautiful even though she wasn't wearing any make-up.

Justin: Aye, YN. You look beautiful.

YN: *giggles* Thanks. You too.

Her reply made me raise my eyebrow.

YN: Oh sorry, what I meant was that you look nice too.

Justin: Aww how sweet.

There was awkward silence for a while because I kept on looking at YN up and down. To be honest, she kinda looked attractive especially with that Superman shirt of hers.

YN: Errr may I come in?

YN's question made me snap out of my thoughts.

Justin: Oh yeah, sure.

I scratched the back of my head shyly. That was really embarrassing, especially in front YN. She giggled a little before taking off her shoes and entering my house. I walked behind her closely and kept staring at her, admiring every single detail of her body.

Wait what am I talking about?

Stop talking crap, Justin!

YN is your best friend!

She is like a sister!

You can't fall for her!

You just can't!

Stop talking to myself!

I continuously slapped myself a few times when I noticed that I was being watched by YN the whole time.

Oh shit.

♥♥♥

Does Justin actually have feelings for YN or does he not? But YN is just his sister, right? Comment and vote please! :)

Anyways, Journals was released today (according to Singapore's timezone) and within an hour, it was already number 1 on iTunes! And the best part is that Justin is finally ahead of Beyonce which was his dreams last time. Beware because Justin Bieber is coming to slay ;) What's your favourite song from the Journals album? Mine is Backpack ♥

-Ifa