Chapter 2

"Who is it?"

"What?" Ben says, caught off guard. "Who is who?"  

"You know what I'm talking about. Im not stupid Ben." Theres a long pause before he speaks.

"Lyla, I have no idea what you're talking about." I shoot him a glare before looking out the window. Why me? Why does this always happen to me? I think I can trust someone and then they turn out to be a backstabbing bitch. I can't believe this is happening to me.

"Just tell me Ben. It's obvious that something happened, so can you just tell me what happened before I have to find out from someone else?" I say, weakly, trying to fight the tears that I know are coming. "Get your phone and call someone then because I'm not telling you shit. Fuck, I don't have to, because I'm not hiding anything" he spits. "Fine, I will. I can text Courtney." "K cool. Go ahead. I don't give a fuck."  

What a jerk.

Courtney is my bestfriend, and the school gossip queen. She knows everything about everyone, it's insane. She's insane. But i love her. And miss her. She better visit soon. Shit im getting distracted. I need to find out what happened. I pull out my phone and begin to text

*Hey Court, I miss you already. But can i ask you a question?*

She replies less than a minute later  

*of course! You can ask me anything! I miss you too!!*  

I read her text three times as i debated with myself over asking her or not. I mean Ben could be telling the truth and nothing happened. He could just be acting weird because he's scared of the move. I would look like a terrible girlfriend for questioning him. But it's Courtney, she's my bestfriend. She would understand... Right?

I finally decide to ask, after all I can blame it on my nerves for the move.  

I begin typing, *do you know if Ben has done anything lately that i don't know about? Because he is acting really weird and it's making me really nervous* I hit send.

I immediately feel guilty, but I will not let Ben walk all over me or cheat on me. Because in the end I will look like an idiot for never figuring it out. I need to know what he did.

Minutes later Courtney replies. I'm scared to see what she said.

*well there is something. But i swore i wouldn't tell. And i really don't think you want to know*

My stomach drops. Do I actually want to know?

*Courtney, I am your bestfriend. You can tell me. This is probably information that i need to know, especially because im dating him and i have a feeling it could seriously affect our relationship. Please?*

I can't believe this is all happening. Especially right now. Why? Why me? That's all I want to know. This is ridiculous.

Courtney's name pops up on my screen. I don't know if I can read this message. Reading this message could end the relationship with who i thought was "the love of my life." Finding out what this says could lead to me not having anywhere to live when we get there. This could possibly ruin my life. Fuck this.  

I muster up the emotional strength needed to open the message

The first words I see are *first of all, im always here if you need to talk* my eyes water, knowing that I won't like the words that I am about to read.  

* last weekend, when Ben, Jake, and I went to that party and you were sick, there was a new girl there. Her name was Rebecca. She was reallly ugly too but had a huge ass. About halfway through the party, jake and i were making out, but out of the corner of my eye i saw him walk upstairs with her. I was so drunk, it took me a minute to come to my senses. But once I realized what was going on I pulled away and ran upstairs. I walked down the hallway and stood in front of the door. I could hear them. Lyla I'm so sorry, but he had sex with her. I wanted to stop it but i didn't dare walk in there. Im positive it was them because I hid in the bathroom until they came out and as they walked past i heard that whore say "oh ben that was amazing." And the last thing i heard was ben say "i know it was but you cant say anything because you know i got a girlfriend" Lyla i know this must be hard, and right before you move, but call me if you need to talk *

*okay, thanks. I will call you later, love you bestfriend*

I silently sob as I turn my phone off. Yes I do need to talk. But I need to talk to someone else, i need to talk to Ben. More like he needs to talk to me.

He's got some explaining to do.