Chapter 19

-Lyla’s POV-

We walk into the restaurant which might just be the most formal place I have ever been. The lights are dim with candles lit on every table. The hostess leads us to a table near the back and places our menus in front of us. Harry has been quiet since we got in the car and I am not sure why. I can tell something is wrong, I just have no idea what it is.

I don’t know if I should ask him or not, I don’t want to make him mad if there’s something bothering him. It takes me a minute to realize that I am staring in my lap. I look up to see Harry’s green orbs staring at my face.

He starts to speak but I cut him off “Harry I know there is something going on, you can tell me whatever it is, I’m here for you” I say but he continues to look nervous.

He tries to give me a small smile but fails miserably.

I am getting kind of nervous. It can’t be that bad can it?

-Harry’s POV-

I feel so bad, and being incredibly nervous that she will leave me doesn’t help. But mostly, I just feel bad that I have to leave her.

“I.. I just, I need to tell you something Lyla” I say, looking into her eyes. I need to spit it out because she’s getting nervous.

“You might not like what I have to say, and I am so sorry I really am but it’s something I have to do” I say, which makes her more nervous. Great. I’m fucking this up big time.

“Harry it’s okay, we are together now, and we will get through whatever this is” she says calmly. How does she keep her voice so calm, I probably sound like a dying walrus since I’m so nervous.

“Lyla, I have to go on tour next week.” I finally blurt out.

Her face drops and I can tell she’s upset. I reach across the table and hold her hand.

“Well that’s not exactly what I was expecting, but like I said we can get through it.” She says with a little grin.

She sniffles and I can tell she’s trying not to cry. That tiny sound feels as though it picked my heart up and threw it at a wall.

“Babe I’m so sorry. If I didn’t have to go I wouldn’t but it’s my job.” I say apologetically.

At this point she’s got tears in her eyes, trying not to cry and I feel awful.

-Lyla’s POV-

I am using everything inside me to control myself and not cry in this restaurant.

“It’s just that I’m gonna miss you” I say with a little laugh. I get it, it’s his job and he has to go.

He chuckles a little and squeezes my hand.

“It’s okay Harry, really, I know it’s your job. Of course I don’t want you to have to leave but it will be over before we know it” I say. “How long is it anyway?” I ask.

“A month” He half-whispers while lowering his head. “But you can come with us if you want” he says looking hopeful

“Harry I would love to, you know that, but I have classes. Maybe next time..”

“Yeah I know, I just thought I would ask anyway.” He seems let down. Oops. I feel bad but I can’t miss my classes.

“Yeah, well maybe I could come visit for a weekend or something” I say and his face lights back up.

“Yes! Absolutely” he says and starts chuckling.

(1 week later)

-Lyla’s POV-