twelve.

to say that the afternoon was not okay was an understatement, that could be categorized in two ways.

one, the stares jaebum would give jimin were nerve racking, as jimin didn't know why the former was staring at him, plus he didn't know where to look. it felt as if jaebum was trying to read him-- as if he knew something.

two, the issue with the customers. well, jimin wasn't a problem. he greeted the customers with a smile and served him successfully. yoongi on the other hand... let's just say he wasn't too good with the customers and leave it at that.

at the end of the day, mr. park decides to close shop a little bit late, as customers were still coming in at around 5 o'clock. it was half past 5 now. bambam and mark were still nowhere to be found. mr. park went ahead to the car-- leaving yoongi, jimin and jaebum to close shop.

jaebum was fixing some things at the back and jimin was about to, too, until yoongi grasped his arm, making the younger stop in his tracks.

"jimin," yoongi breathed out, "are you okay?"

jimin slowly turned to him, staring before he nodded. "yeah. i'm fine," he gave yoongi a smile, "i'll bring these to the back. it'll be quick." he pointed at the box of pastries in his hand, watching as yoongi scanned his face for uncertainty.

yoongi sighed. "okay," he let go of jimin's arm, "scream if you need help."

— — —

"hello there, jimin."

jimin almost-- almost flinches when he hears a voice slice through the previously silent atmosphere as he made some space for the pastries in his hand. quickly, he placed them into the storage, closed the fridge door and turned to jaebum with an unreadable expression.

"jaebum."

"so, yoongi's the new boyfriend?"

"yes," jimin answered steadily, "how have you been?"

jaebum hummed, stepping closer and jimin almost had the urge to step away, if it weren't for the fridge behind him. "oh, me? nothing much has changed," he shrugged, "still straight, you know?"

jimin gritted his teeth behind his lips, is he being a dick on purpose?

"oh?" jimin tried to sound as uninterested as he could, "that's nice."

jaebum tilted his head to the side, "are you happy with yoongi?"

"what," jimin laughed, "is with all the questions?"

jaebum shrugged. "nothing," he said absentmindedly, "just... yoongi might not be who he seems."

goddammit, jinyoung.

using the tone best for convincing, he spoke, "what are you talking about? yoongi is a very nice person, thank you very much. and i really, really, love him." he scoffed, trying to surpass jaebum who had somewhat cornered him, "now, if you'll excuse me--"

suddenly, he felt arms trap him against the fridge, hands against the surface on either sides of his head. he gulped, watching as jaebum scanned his face carefully, a smirk appearing on his lips as he leaned in close enough for jimin to feel his breath against his lips.

one second.

two seconds.

four seconds.

five seconds.

seven seconds.

nine seconds.

ten seconds.

jimin's frozen in fear as he feels jaebum's lips on his own. familiar, yet so foreign. he doesn't understand why it's happening and why jaebum is doing this but he quickly regains his senses as he presses his palms against jaebum's chest, pushing him away harshly, a disgusted look on his face.