seventeen.

i tried my absolute best to make this chapter long. also, please, if you want, listen to the song in the media! i listened to it whilst writing this, though i don't know if it fits the story or chapter, but the band, paper kites need more appreciation. they make really good music!

you may notice some odd segments in this chapter and you might go, "we don't need any of that." you'll see later. it has something to do with jimin.

can y'all take a guess by the end of this? i'll reveal it at the end.

december 30

the current scene contains yoongi, underwater with his goggles on, staring at jimin, who's underwater as well. the younger was looking around the pool floor. yoongi's not sure why, but when they're underwater, jimin's eyes always seem to... stand out more.

upon emerging out of the water, "i declare war!" jimin yelled, gesturing for taehyung to come closer. with an excited look, the twin did, along with jinyoung who swam towards yoongi's side.

"he always does this." jinyoung muttered, before falling over, going under the water. puzzled as to what was going on, yoongi looked around for any sight of jinyoung's figure, but almost cursed loudly as he felt himself being lifted out of the water, legs on jinyoung's shoulders.

he quickly hit jinyoung on the head, "yah! what are you--"

over at jimin's side, taehyung had lifted the older boy onto his shoulders as well. "let the battle begin!" taehyung yelled, slowly walking forward with jimin looking ready to fight yoongi.

jinyoung stepped forward as well, a complaining yoongi yelling at jimin. "no, jimin! what the--" he looked down at jinyoung, "hey, i can't swim--"

"i'll catch you." jinyoung glanced up at him, before grinning towards jimin and taehyung, moving forward. "charge!" he screamed, yoongi yelling some more as the latter collided with jimin, who immediately tried to push them.

"jinyoung! jinyoung--" yoongi warned, nearly falling backwards if it weren't for jinyoung, who immediately stepped forward and crouched a bit, letting yoongi get back on his balance. jimin frowned, ready to push against yoongi once more, until the latter held his hands out to block as well.

and now there they were, jimin and yoongi's hands intertwined in a fierce battle.

jinyoung was doing some work at well, trying to kick taehyung's leg under the water, but the younger was able to dodge them easily.

"taehyung!" jimin yelled, and taehyung knew exactly what to do. he charged forward, nearly knocking jinyoung off of his feet. although the eldest, yoongi, quickly pushed jimin back, allowing jinyoung to secure himself by letting his right foot step back-- and they were on their feet once more.

"you'll never win," jinyoung stated.

jimin, with a frown, looked down at taehyung, who glanced at him as well with a small nod. with knowing looks, they charged forward, jimin grabbing yoongi's hands once more, squeezing them hard, making yoongi wince.

"sorry," jimin turned his head to the side for a quick second, letting his wet hair move to the side. "but we're going to win, babe."

(as you can see, babe is their #1 nickname. do you guys mind?)

jimin smirked, seeing yoongi flinch at the nickname. taking his chance, he pushed, making yoongi yell at jinyoung, before both the boys toppled over, splashing into the water.