eighteen.

january 1

yoongi wakes up alone.

the familiar feeling of pain in his head hits him, making him groan as he sat up on the edge of the bed. grabbing the glass of water on the bedside table, he slowly drank it, putting the glass away afterwards and standing up to head to the bathroom.

before he could reach the bathroom door, hard knocks on the door sounded in his room, making him turn around and head towards said door.

upon opening it, he was greeted by the sight of an angry... jimin.

wait, no. an angry taehyung. yoongi squinted.

"taehyung, what are you--"

unexpectedly, taehyung didn't let him finish. the younger placed his hands firmly on yoongi's shoulders, pushing the older back. way back into the room, until yoongi winced in pain when his back hit the wall.

"yah! taehyung, you--"

"how about that damned rain check." taehyung growled, teeth gritted, eyes blazing with pure anger.

yoongi's eyes widened in realization, "where's jimin?" he said, tone in voice all too frantic.

taehyung laughed. it scared yoongi because it went on for almost ten seconds, until taehyung abruptly stopped, glaring daggers at yoongi. "why would you care?" taehyung scoffed. "he spent all night in our room, crying. i wonder why."

yoongi sighed, forcing taehyung to let his grip on yoongi's shoulders lessen by grabbing onto taehyung's wrist and pushing his arms away. "no. listen--"

"yoongi, you--"

"no, seriously," yoongi interrupted, "listen."

taehyung pressed his lips into a thin line, a glint in his eye urging for yoongi to continue.

"i don't remember exactly what happened last night." yoongi stated, "but what i do know for sure, is that whatever i told jimin after our kiss-- i didn't mean it. i was drunk, he was too, and i..." yoongi hesitated. "i think i might like him, too? so, just... just tell him i'm sorry. i wasn't able to finish my sentence last night."

"why would i believe you?" taehyung raised a brow, placing his hand on his hip. "and why would i apologize? i'm not the one at fault."

yoongi bit on his bottom lip anxiously. "believe me. i would never hurt jimin."

"you just did."

yoongi frowned. "i didn't mean to." he said.

taehyung, eyeing the boy, sighed. "look," he began, "i personally think you're good for my brother. even though you were in some kind of fake relationship, you guys were too blind to realize that you're sorta fallin' for each other." he chuckled.

yoongi stayed silent.

"so, please," he looked at yoongi, straight in the eye, "get your shit together."

— — —

much to yoongi's slight surprise, taehyung ended up helping him search for jimin. upon their arrival at taehyung and jinyoung's shared room, they were confused as to why jimin and jinyoung were no longer there.

now, they were at the poolside, searching for jimin.

"maybe he went with jinyoung somewhere." taehyung suggested as they stood near the edge of the pool, right near the deep waters. "bathroom, maybe?"