nineteen.

january 2

it's the morning they go back home. yoongi and jinyoung are settled at the back of the van. taehyung with a sleeping yejin against his arm along with jimin are in the middle. jimin's staring at the window, whilst yoongi stares at him staring at the window.

how wonderful.

jinyoung noticed this and decides to punch yoongi on the shoulder. yoongi yelps and earns mrs. park's attention through the rear-view mirror. yoongi just says a small, "i'm okay." before turning to the side to glare daggers at jinyoung.

"what?" yoongi hissed.

jinyoung tilted his head, gesturing towards jimin. "say sorry." he whispered. "it's your chance to say sorry. he can't run away." he scratched the back of his head, "actually, if he really hates you, i think he'll literally exit the car and risk death."

yoongi frowned, gazing over at jimin. placing his chin on the side of jimin's headrest, he got ready to whisper next to jimin's ear.

"jimin. i'm sorry." he let out an inward sigh, "i didn't mean what i said back at the resort. you sort of understood it... in the wrong way. actually, it's my fault for not being so clear. i think i-- i think i like you. please forgive me."

with a few seconds of no response, yoongi turns to jinyoung with a troubled look. the younger cocked an eyebrow, quickly looking over the seat. leaning back to his seat, he looks at yoongi with a pitiful glance, dragging his index finger from the skin on the bottom of his eye and down his cheek, making a gesture of a tear rolling down his face. jinyoung then pointed at jimin.

yoongi, frowning, looked over the seat, carefully so jimin wouldn't see him.

jimin had earphones on.

january 3

it was a particular day in which all the boys (plus yejin) were chilling in the living room-- jinyoung silently reading his book, jimin watching television and occasionally letting out hushed profanities under his breath at how stupid the contestants were and taehyung playing astro party with yoongi (with yejin at yoongi's side, yelling, "go, yoonki oppa!").

the silence was disrupted by mrs. park's voice from the kitchen, "jimin! yoongi! i need you guys to go get some groceries. there's some money and a list on the table near the front door."

jimin groaned, still paying attention to the television screen. "can't jinyoung go with yoongi?" he yelled back.

"jimin!" mrs. park scolded, the five hearing footsteps approaching.

with a frustrated sigh, jimin stood from his seat and walked over to the front door. "okay, we'll do it, mom!" before leaving through the front door, quickly.

yoongi frowned, looking at jinyoung from across the couch.

jinyoung shrugged.

taehyung snickered. "this is your chance, hyung!"

yejin frowned. "yoongi oppa, stay here and play!" she pointed at taehyung's phone, their astro party game paused.

yoongi smiled at her, ruffling her hair. "i have to go with jimin oppa." taehyung snorted at that. "you win for me, okay? beat taehyung for me. i leave it to you." he said, before standing up and giving yejin, whose eyes were full of excitement, a small smile.

yoongi sighed, heading towards the door.

— — —

there's an uncomfortable silence between the two as yoongi drives to the grocery store.

that's all there is to it-- silence. yoongi's clenching the steering wheel every now and then, biting on his lips as he watches jimin gaze outside the window from the corner of his eye, the younger having a blank look across his features.

this was yoongi's chance to apologize, but why couldn't he say a word?

in fact, yoongi decided at that moment that he'd rather jump out the car than be in this situation for more than five minutes.

since the silence was killing him, he decided to say something. anything.

but jimin beat him to it.

the younger cleared his throat. "you're quite close with taehyung now, huh?" he remarked, still looking out the window.

yoongi shrugged, eyes still looking ahead at the road, taking a turn and entering the parking lot. "sure. you can say that."

jimin frowned at his lap. "do you... like him?"

yoongi abruptly stopped the car, perfectly into the parking space. "what? no," he slightly yelled, "he has jeongguk." he said. "besides, i like you." he said in an almost hushed tone, although he was sure that jimin heard it.

yoongi sat there, frozen, as he could barely watch jimin abruptly unbuckle his seat belt and rush out the car.

all yoongi could do was resist banging his head against the steering wheel. continuously.

— — —

the drive back home was what you'd expected it to be.

quiet. too quiet for yoongi's liking.

it sort of all ended as he drove into the parks' garage, hearing jimin get out of the car as quickly as possible once more. sighing, he buries his face in his hands for a moment. just a moment. thirty seconds. a minute.

he feels sort of tired.

did he make his explanation clear to jimin? not exactly. but he knew jimin heard him, so what was the orange haired boy trying to do?

whatever it is, yoongi can barely hold on. jimin's bound to be ignoring him at every chance he's got, especially tomorrow-- they're going home tomorrow. oh, god.

yoongi hears a light tap against his side's window. looking up from his hands, he sees jinyoung outside, giving him a comforting smile and gesturing for him to come out.

let's just say that yoongi would rather lie than admit to anyone how he'd supposedly engulfed jinyoung into a comforting hug, to which the latter didn't mind at all.