twenty.

january 4

yoongi tries as hard as possible not to make any loud noises as he descended the stairs, footsteps quiet enough for nobody in the household to be woken up. dragging himself to the kitchen, he grabs an empty glass and fills it up with water, sitting on one of the chairs at the dining table and sipping silently.

he wasn't able to sleep too much, waking up every thirty minutes, a bothering feeling tugging at his strings.

after taking another sip, he jumped at a voice greeting, "good morni--"

his gaze darted towards the doorway, where mrs. park stood, looking like she just got out of bed.

"ah, mrs. park, you scared me..." yoongi whispered.

mrs. park merely laughed and walked over, sitting on the chair across from yoongi's spot. "ah, yoongi, dear. i'm sorry about that." she laughed lightly. "you leave later, am i correct?" she asked.

yoongi nodded. "yes, sadly. thank you for having me, though, mrs. park. this was a great winter break." he smiled at her.

"well, you're very welcome." mrs. park smiled warmly at him. "i expect that you'll be here next year, as well? if your parents will allow it."

that's when yoongi's face when devoid of all emotion. "i don't think that'll happen anytime soon." he said, a hint of disappointment around the edges of his voice. "sorry."

mrs. park frowned. "why is that?"

"well, you see..." yoongi raised his arm, scratching the back of his neck. "i'm not," yoongi looked up at mrs. park, guilt written all over his face. "well. i'm actually not jimin's boyfriend." he admitted.

he breathed in the first few seconds of silence from mrs. park, who was somewhat studying his expression.

and then she unexpectedly starts to laugh.

yoongi blinked. "mrs. park?"

"i'm sorry, yoongi," mrs. park sighed with a smile, "is that it?"

"what...?"

"i knew this whole time, dear." mrs. park lightly shook her head. "no need to be worried."

"what?" yoongi mumbled. "are you-- are you mad?"

"at you? no," she replied, "jimin most likely dragged you into this, right?"

yoongi just nodded.

"well, i'm really disappointed in jimin for not telling me. it upset me a lot when i figured it out." she sighed. "oops, never mind. now tell me, why will you not be heading over here next break?" she raised an eyebrow, tilting her head curiously to the side.

it was weird-- having this type of conversation with jimin's mother.

"well, i mean. i'm not jimin's boyfriend."

mrs. park shrugged, "i feel like he likes you, though."

"he's oblivious." he deadpanned. "we kissed on new year. i said sorry 'cause i thought he didn't like me that way, but he thought of the apology differently." he groaned, "i'm stupid."

she shot yoongi a comforting smile, "i'm sure he'll come around."

"i hope so. i've been trying everything. i actually told him that i liked him, like, straight out said it. he just keeps avoiding me."

"he's just like his father." mrs. park shakes her head lightly, a small chuckle escaping her lips. "you know what? try to trap jimin and then scream 'i love you' at him. that's how i got daewon to notice my feelings." she laughed at the memory.