Chapter 15

Lauren's POV

I kept scrolling down my texts hoping for something to pop up. I sighed and locked it.

We were at Moondance a local café getting a cup of coffee well what else do you expect at a café? VODKA?!

"Lauren calm down she'll text you when she's ready." Normani assured me and took a sip from her coffee.

"I'm scared....maybe something went wrong!" I ran my fingers through my hair in desperation.

"What could go wrong? Unless Camila being straight." Bea laughed earning a scowl from me which made her laugh slowly fade away. "Jokes aside does she have any clue about your crush?"

"I SURE HOPE NOT" I chocked on my words imagining how she would react. It's just a crush it will soon fade away. I'm sure about it.

"I think y'all will make a cute ass couple." Normani commented making me blush hard. I pulled up my jacket sleeves to hide my face. 

"Mani....stop" I groaned

"Ahw Mani you made her inkk!!" Bea shoved Normani playfully which made her burst into laughter.

"STOP IT!!!" I hid my face with the menu trying to stop them.

"We need to think of a ship name!" Bea gasped turning towards Normani who thought for a few seconds before exclaiming.

"Laurmila!"

"Nah....it sounds incomplete... How about Camren!" Bea showed a thumbs up action as I peeped from my menu.

"Camren it is." Mani joined her and gave me a thumbs up.

"I hate you guys...." I hit myself with the menu and heard their laughter echoing.

"You need to tell her!!" Mani jumped up and down excitedly as Camila's name popped up on my screen.

"Yeah and die" I replied unlocking my phone.

"Jeez, man! Don't be so negative you're giving Mani the hives" Bea giggled and I unlocked my door to get in.

Everyone has gone for a week to visit my cousins and I have the house for myself. You know what that means? NETFLIX AND FOOD!!

"Not funnyyy!!"

Camz: Lolo?

My heart fluttered when I saw her little nickname for me. Get yourself together Lauren!

Me: yeah, Camz?

Camz: It's my grandmom.... She's umm... not doing well. I don't know what to do I don't know what to do!! She sleeps all day and she refuses to eat! I'm scared I'm so scared.

I felt my chest tighten as her words shot against me.

Me: Camz, don't worry everything is gonna be alright. If you're there with her through everything then there is nothing to be afraid of because right now she needs hope and assurance. You need to help her get well soon and don't worry she will.

Camz: you know that's not true. She has Parkinson's and she's slowly inching closer to death everyday. You're lying to me by giving me a spark of hope when there is nothing.

I sighed and shook my head trying to think of words which could console her but I know none of my words would make her feel better if she doesn't accept what is going to come.