Chapter 33- Day

I wake up to silence in the apartment, no tapping key board keys or delicious breakfast. Nothing but defening silence, I begin to worry. I roll out of bed and slip on my fuzzy pajama pants and walk out into the living room. No sign any new had ever lived here, I see a note on the counter.
Alex,
          Had to handle some wedding things, trying to drag my feet but my mother is being persistent. Love you
                                 Gage

I pull out some left overs from the fridge and heat them up while scrolling through my phone. I decide to see what progress the boys have made on the research.

Tapping on the keys I unlock the computer and scroll through the files they have. Not much here, school records, shot records birth records. I click on the birth records and scroll through, born in France, 2 parents, last name Aston. That sounds so familiar, I can't seem to put my finger on it. Everything about her is familiar her look, last name, her sleeziness. I begin to scroll through childhood photos, she had a brother. I think the boys told me that, but no record of him except for photos.

Looking at the photos I begin to feel uneasy in the pit of my stomach but I keep scrolling until I find a slightly burned birth certificate. I open the document all I can read is Will....Aston.

They're siblings?! That's her brother?! I keep looking through the folders hastily until I close it out and run to the bedroom and get dressed. I need to get out of here until Gage comes back.

I slip on jeans and a shirt grab my bag and keys and head for the door. I turn the door knob and close the door behind me. I turn to walk off when I feel a cloth cover my nose and mouth. I struggle but begin to feel weaker and weaker. I feel a kiss on my forehead then I black out