Chapter 23- Day

The entire day is spent in our hotel rooms getting ready for the party tonight at Gates moms house. The boys send me on a spa day, I sit and get a pedicure. After my relaxing day at the spa I head to get my hair done, cut and style isn't loose curls that shape away from my face. After my hair appointment I go to the room to do my make up, I don't trust anyone with my make up but me. A light brown shimmery eyeshadow, winged eyeliner, and a dark matte red lip stick.

Only 20 minutes until we have to head to the party. I throw on my dress for the big reveal. I expected some big movie reveal, the ugly girl is beautiful and everyone envies her. But it's just me, dressed up. No big difference but I'm okay with it, I'm actually comfortable and ready to take on this party.

A loud knock at my door signals me that the limo is waiting on me. Walking out of the room I get a plethora of hollars whistles and a few cat calls from the boys. I brush them off and we head to the elevator.

My heels clacking on the tile pushed my anxiety up into my throat and makes me want to vomit. But I stay up right trying to not let my fear get ahead of me.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The party is more of a gala. Bouncers and rich people all around gives a sophisticated vibe. Walking tall with the boys at my side we head in and I immediately begin searching for Gage. 20 minutes in still no Gage, but a tall lengthy women with broad cheek bones makes her way towards the boys and I at the bar. I look at the boys and they all stiffen, jaw clenched I realize this must be Gages mother.

"Good evening boys, and this ist be Alexandria how are you this evening?" I don't know what the boys fear so much she's seems nice

"Good evening mrs. Blaylack." All the boys in unison not making eye contact.

"Good evening it's nice to meet you" I extend my hand out for her but she doesn't take it.

"I'm so happy you all could make it for Gages big announcement tonight. As you know his father stepped down from the company"

"On no I didn't know. I haven't had a chance to talk to him since he's been here"

"Oh how sad" she says hands folded like my agony is killing me and she loves it. "Well I must run off, time to get this thing going"

She makes her way to the stage and Felix turns me around "I have a bad feeling about all of this"

Cut off by the woman at he Mic. No other that Gages mom, "good evening everyone and thank you for being here to celebrate my only sons achievement" she gestures off the stage and Gage walks up. His lean frame seems bigger than before, his face is tired but he keeps a smile.

"Thank you everyone for coming" Gage takes me Mic and I melt at the sound of his husky and sophisticated voice. "I have an announcement for all of you here. As you know my father is stepping down as CEO and handing the company to me" he lets out a big sigh and looks pained like he's about to regret what he is doing. "As the new CEO I have been informed I must take a wife" my stomach drops. Oh no.... "Without further ado, my fiance Jade Williams" a tall thin frame walks into the stage, her tan skin and her face looks oddly familiar. I sink down onto the bar stool, staring at Gage he looks around the room smiling until he sees the boys. And me. His expression disappears and regret comes onto his face as he jumps off the stage and runs through he crowd over to us

"Alex I can explain" he tries to calm me as Brendan steps in front me of along with Drake, but Felix stays behind me with he head in his hands. "Alex please, come with me so we can talk, what are you even doing here?!"

"I thought you invited us, thought I'd get a chance to see you again. I knew it you never loved me. You only wanted a beautiful thin girl! What was I to you? A place filler?!" I tell and realize everyones eyes on us

"So happy you know the news now" says Gages mother walking up to us

"Mother what have you done?" Asks Gage with a sincere saddness on his face. Before anyone can say anything else, I kick my heels off push past the boys and run out of the ballroom.

I run faster than I ever had. My worst nightmare had come true
~~~~~~~~~~~
Holy crap guys, what do y'all think of Gages mom?

What do you think is so familiar about Jade?

Is this the end for Gage and Alex?
Comment, vote, like, all of it. Love y'all sorry for the heart break