Once a criminal always a criminal

The three men made their way back into the tunnel where the rest of the group were waiting for them. Everyone either stood or sat around the long table in the middle of the room waiting for their next move. Bruce stood at the head of the table arms folded across his chest. "Our power went out Bruce, though thanks to the back up generator I'm not sure how much longer we have until everything goes black," Dick spoke up, "it's probably out through the rest of the city."

 "Any response from Gordon?"

Alfred shook his head,"their lines are all down."

"Starfire, any word yet from the League?"

"No not yet their still a day or two away." Responded Starfire. Placing his hand over his mouth the man was silent for while studying their options. 

"Anything from the Joker?" Everyone shook their heads. From outside their safe four walls gun shots rang out. Everyone snapping their heads to the sound. 

"We need to leave. If we stay here, we're sitting ducks."

"But where do we go?" Dick questioned. "What about Molly?"

"We go to the GCPD. I trust Gordon has already put her in police protection." Bruce answered.

"If there even is a GCPD." Muttered Jason before speaking up, "we have no clue where she is it's not like he wrote down where he'd be hiding her. We're fumbling around in the dark right now Bruce."

"You're right there's no guarantee that the GCPD will still be there but we need to find where Molly is. We know for a fact that the Joker has his sights on her and I know for a fact that Gordon will protect her. This is the only lead we have." Silence and unease filled the small room. This plan was based on pure chance and it wasn't even a solid enough plan but at this moment there was nothing for them to do this was their best chance as hopeless as it sounded. Around the table everyone were weighing their option as if on cue everyone came to the same conclusion. This was it, all or nothing. "Okay let's pack up and head out."

Out of the small cramped room the group started racing through the tunnel towards the police station. Their footsteps echoing through the dim subway. Without warning a blood curling scream made the group freeze all of them turning around in circles for the source of the scream. Two gun shots rang out right after. The group raced to the source of the sound, a man stood in front of two GCPD officers aiming their guns at him, tally marks etched into his back and arms with a few on the back of his head where should've been. One his bottom half the sleeves of his stripped Arkham jumpsuit were tied around his waist. He held a female hostage crying and begging for her life. Jason held up his hand to the rest of the group telling them to stay there.

"Jason no!" Spat Bruce in a whisper. "he's too unpredictable." But the anti-hero ignored his old mentor. 

"Hey Tally-Man!" Shouted Jason

The man swiftly turned around a puzzled expression on his face. "Who are you?" The mans eye's blood shot and red were bulging out of his skull. He was built and his front were covered with the small tally marks from his back, he no hair, not even on his eyelashes. His mouth watered as if he was a crazed animal. He pressed the pocket knife harder into the girls throat causing her to wince and whimper.