Chapter 36

Warning.

The following chapter contains graphic violence and sexual situations.

Read at your own discretion.

Across from Independence City Hall and Police Station, Savannah stood atop a home with boarded up windows. A porch swing dangled from one chain, creaking in the breeze. Moisture in the air held the taste of rain. Some of the hair on her arms stood through the blood and muck caked to them.

Gunfire rang throughout the building. The noise stopped and a human male burst through the doors with a familiar child in his arms.

"I got you, honey. You're safe now," he said as they disappeared into the back of an armored truck.

Savannah smiled, glad she hadn't killed the girl when she had the chance. Then she wouldn't have known how much humans cared for their children. A fact which could come in handy if she needed some leverage.

Another man followed. This one hefted a larger man on his shoulder. Savannah thought his legs might snap under the pressure. Armored doors opened and two more men helped the others into the truck.

A third man wearing a tie kicked open the doors. His hands held a thick weapon. When he left in a large black vehicle, only two life forms besides the male of her own species remained in the building.

Warmth from the male's lust contrasted the cool breeze on her face. His need caressed her. Sensations deep within stirred. She dropped from the roof, indenting the overgrown lawn. After she bounced off the lawn and a car in front of the station, she blasted through the doors. Shattered glass stuck to the thick pools of blood on the floor.

A soldier knelt at the end of the hallway leading to the jail cells, his weapon at the ready. Before he could fire she slammed his head against the cement wall. Bones in his neck snapped and she tossed him. The body slid down the hall behind her.

Savannah kicked the door, leaving a bloody print as it slammed into the brick on the other side. Down the longer hall knelt a soldier with a much bigger gun. When he saw Savannah, he discharged his weapon. Shells ejected into the air. Metal clanked and bounced against the cement. Two bullets penetrated the softer skin under her arms. Others cheddar cheesed her white t-shirt. She weaved her way down the hall, dodging bullets as they gutted the concrete around her. Momentum slung her up the side of the wall, running parallel to her prey. The sudden feat startled the man, who let his finger off the trigger for a moment. Her claws slammed through the man's helmet and tore into his skull, which imploded under the extreme pressure. Brain matter splattered to the concrete. The officer slumped to the floor.

Inside the cell, a male of her species stood tall. Other than the child on television, she hadn't seen one of her own. His looks didn't allure her, yet she longed to hold him and feel his flesh pressed against hers.

The bars bent out a few inches but wouldn't go any further. She screamed in frustration, sending the male to his knees. His hand went to his ears. When she finished, he withdrew his hands. Blood dripped down his palms and trailed down the sides of his neck.

Her fingers etched along the keyhole. Next to the male's foot, inside the cell, she saw a set of keys.

"Get me the keys," she said in her new human voice, soft and inviting.

For a moment, the male stared at her as if she had said nothing.

This time she looked him in the eyes. Then she looked down at the keys and commanded, "Hand me the shiny thing on the floor."

His face scrunched as he crouched and picked the keys off the floor. She held out her hand and he dropped them in her palm. One after another she jammed keys into the hole, twisted and pulled. A loud click startled her but the door jammed on itself. Impatient, the male yanked the door open. Metal ground against metal and sparks flew. Their bodies slammed into each other in a jumbled mix of pallid skin, torn clothes, and ripped flesh. The hood between his legs pulsed, skin attached spread out, and hardened. He clawed the skirt off her hips.

The male threw Savannah to the ground and landed on top of her. Confused, she tried to push him away. Smooth, untainted flesh between her legs reached out and drew him in. His relentless thrusts annoyed and disgusted her at first. It also hurt a bit. But after a while, it began to feel good--unexplainably good.

If you enjoyed the chapter, please comment and vote. Maybe...just maybe...I'll put up the next chapter early.

Shall we see how Ross and the Girls are doing?