C h a p t e r 2 3

^Daddy 😭😍

Jasmine

"Everybody listen up!" The masked man screamed as he held his gun in the air. "Get on the fucking ground and get your wallets out! This doesn't have to be violent! Just give us your money and we'll be on our way!"

I curled in closer to Levi as the man made his way down the aisle of booths.

"It's okay, it's okay." Levi cooed as he wrapped his arms around me comfortingly.

"Where's your fucking wallet?" He yelled at a weeping Ferrah.

"I-I-I don't have one." She cried.

"Don't lie to me bitch!"

"Hey man leave her alone." Jesse said valiantly.

Never in the few months that I've known him have I wanted to slap him this bad.

"What the fuck did you just say?!" The robber asked rhetorically. "Get up!"

When he pointed the gun towards him there was no stopping the tears from falling down my cheeks. My erratic breathing and sobbing was only worsening as I watched them pat Jesse down, taking his phone and money in the process.

"Get on the wall with the rest of them!" He yelled, placing the gun against his shoulder blade and pushing him on the wall next to the people that had already been robbed before returning to me. "Give me your fucking money!"

I quickly dug into the pockets of my apron and pulled out the tips I'd accumulated over a few hours and with shaky hands I tried to put it in his bag but failed partially when most of it fell on the floor of the diner.

"Pick it up!" He roared causing me to scramble on my hands and knees to get the money off of the ground.

With tears now free falling from my eyes, I picked up the last dollar and stuffed it in the pillowcase. I looked up and saw Levi looking at me with fury in his eyes. I nearly looked away from his intense stare but when he held his arms open for me I ran into them without hesitation.

He let out a relieved breath and placed a gentle kiss on my temple before wrapping his arms around me protectively. I wrapped my arms around his torso and laid my head on his chest as the two thieves continued their lap around the diner.

As I looked around the diner at all of the frightened patrons, my eye was caught by Jesse who was staring at me with a look I couldn't put my finger on.  I looked away uncomfortably and squeezed him tighter.

If we weren't all in this terrible predicament right now, I'd smile at the fact that his response to that was to rest his chin on my head and hold me even tighter.

"You forgot the other guy on the table Jax." One of the men said to the other.

"Don't say my fucking name jackass!" Jax yelled at him before slapping the back of his head and making his way to the back of the diner and screaming at Daisy. "Open the fucking register!"

"I can't!" She cried.

"Yes you can!"

"I can't, the window is broken so it won't open."