C h a p t e r 7

Jasmine's POV

The ringing of my phone woke me up this morning and I was surprised to see Mikey's name on my screen.

"Hello." I greeted into the phone.

"Oh hey Jasmine, you know we have a gig tonight right?" He asked.

"Yeah, how could I forget? I'm really excited to go."

"That's what I called you for."

"For what?"

"Because you can't come."

"Why not?"

"Because Jesse doesn't want to see you, he'll be thrown off and it'll ruin the gig."

"Oh okay then." I said disappointedly. "Then I won't be there."

"Thanks." He said before hanging up.

Just as I was about to start sulking, Maverick's number popped up on the screen.

"Hey." She greeted.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Open your window."

"What?"

"Open your window or I will break it."

I quickly jumped up and put my pants on then ran over to the window and sure enough Maverick was right there. I opened up the window and she climbed through it like a professional.

"So what did you store me as in your phone?" She asked.

"I just put Maverick, I don't think there's a way to make your name sound any cooler than it already is."

"I'm flattered." She smiled.

"How'd you get that name?"

"My mom and dad are surfers. One day they went out to Pillar Point because my dad wanted to surf the Mavericks. As you may know, those are some totally dangerous waves but my mom wasn't down with it because she was pregnant with yours truly. So she told my dad that if he came out in one piece that he could name me whatever he wanted."

"So he named you after an epic wave."

"Yeah. So anyway you need to dressed because we're going to the beach." She said as she plopped down on my bed.

"But it was pouring out last night."

"Which makes it even better. Waves after the rain are killer. And plus it's super sunny outside right now."

"Um okay, I'll go with you."

"Awesome."

And in that moment I almost died because of the terrifyingly disgusting pigeon that flew inside my room. I screamed my head off and hid underneath my bed as I yelled out to Noah who was downstairs.

"What's wrong?!" I could hear his voice which brought me some relief but not enough to stop me from screaming.

After about two minutes the frantic flapping of that ghastly pest had gone away.

"Are you okay?" Noah asked as he crouched down to look at me. "The pigeon's gone so you can come out now."

I slowly crawled out and stood up to face him, well his chest if you want to be technical.

"You're crying." He pointed out, wiping the tear from my cheek.

"They're just tears of fear."

"You don't like pigeons, do you?"

"I hate pigeons, they freak me out."

"It's okay now, I got rid of it."

"Thank you so much."