C h a p t e r 4

I woke up in a hospital with Jude clutching onto my hand as he slept. I tapped him a few times to wake him.

"Thank god you're okay Jazzy." He sighed in relief.

"Thank you for being here."

"Of course I'm here, I'm your brother and I love you."

"You don't know Jesse do you?" I asked hoping that he did.

"Yeah I do actually. I have his number, why?"

"Can I use your phone to call him?"

"Yeah. But you have to make it fast because I have to go see my probation officer." He said while handing me his phone that was already ringing.

"Hey Jude, what's up man?" Jesse greeted into the phone.

"Um it's not Jude actually." I stated nervously.

"Oh. Then who is this?"

"It's me Jasmine."

"How are you doing?"

"I'm not exactly sure because the doctors haven't came in yet. But I have a huge headache and my whole body hurts."

"I'm really sorry about all of that. Zach and Mikey are really pissed and frankly, I am too. They're really going to get her now."

"I would try to stop them but I know it would be useless."

"Why are you such a nice person Jasmine?"

"My parents didn't raise me to be mean to people, even if they're mean to me."

He laughed softly. "So did you call me for any particular reason or did you just miss me?"

"Oh yeah. I know that this may be a lot to ask because I you just got done with your gig but could you maybe um, like maybe if it's possible you could come over to the hospital and talk to the doctors when they get here becuse my mom isn't here and Jude has to go now."

"Yeah sure I'll be there."

I let out a breath of relief. "Thank you." I said before hanging up the phone and passing it back to Jude.

"Are you all good?" Jude asked.

"Yeah Jesse is coming."

"Alright Jas, I'll see you later." He said before kissing my cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too." I told him before he left the room.

Minutes after Jude left there was a knock on the door which wass probably the doctor because these is no way that Jesse got here that fast. I told whoever it was to come in and I was both surprised and relieved at who it was.

"How did you get here so fast?" I asked him.

"Because I was already here."

"You didn't play your gig?"

"I did but I came back."

"I guess I'll just have to wait until Saturday to see you guys play." I stated disappointedly.

"Don't get all sad Little J, I have a surprise for you." He stood up from his seat and walked over to the chair that was next to my bed and then pulled an acoustic guitar out of nowhere. "Since you couldn't see the show I'm bringing the show to you."

"Jesse you don't have to do thi-." I told him but he cut me off with the soft strum of his guitar.

"All I am is a man

I want the world in my hands

I hate the beach

But I stand