C h a p t e r 6

Jasmine's POV

The sensation was overwhelming, just breathtaking. The way his lips felt on mine was like nothing I've ever felt before.

Just as I was about to run my fingers though his feather-like hair, he pushed me away.

"You shouldn't have done that Jasmine!" He yelled. "That was inappropriate!"

"I-I'm so sorry." I said nervously as I backed away from him.

"You know what?! This mistake of a kiss here, it never happened!"

It didn't take long for the tears to come streaming down my face. I grabbed my bag and threw it over my shoulder before running out of there with my heart beating unevenly, feeling like it would jump out of my chest at any moment.

As soon as I burst out of the doors I bumped into the chest that always seemed to be there for me.

"What happened Jasmine?" Noah asked concernedly as I sobbed into his chest. I grabbed the front of his shirt and rested my forehead on his chest. "Shh.. Jasmine it's okay, Jasmine just calm down." He spoke soothingly as he rubbed my back. "Calm down."

He walked me over to a nearby bench and sat me down next to him before wrapping his arm around me, allowing me to rest my head on his shoulder.

"Do you want to tell me what happened now?" He questioned politely.

I took a deep breath. "I-I kissed Jesse."

"Wow."

"Yeah. He showed me his tattoos and then something just came over me."

"So you guys are dating now huh?"

"No, he yelled at me and told me that it was a mistake."

"I'm sorry."

"I don't know what I was thinking. Thinking that any guy would even like me in that way." I said sadly, pulling my knees up to my chest.

"Jasmine you are extremely beautiful and you have an amazing personality which is why I'm glad you guys didn't work out. Ever since I first saw you I've wanted to ask you this. So before it's too late again, I am. Jasmine Jhene Riley would you like go on a date with me after school?" At this point he was on his knees in front of me.

I couldn't believe this was actually happening. Someone was asking me on a date. Even though it wasn't Jesse it still felt good.

"Yes." I replied, smiling through my tears. I really needed a fun day, I haven't had one since I moved here.

"Awesome." He smiled at me. "You won't regret this."

I returned the smile then laid my head back on his shoulder.

"I'll pick you up from your house at five."

"Okay."

Suddenly the locker room door opened, letting Jesse out. He looked down the hall and our gazes met. His face said he was calm but his eyes said otherwise.

He was upset. Furious, even.

I was the first to break the stare because of how unbearable it was becoming.

"You hungry?" Noah asked.

"Not really." I told him.

"Big breakfast?"

"No." I replied reminiscing on the pancake my mom made me this morning.

He stood up from the bench and extended his hand out to me. "Come on, I'll buy you a sandwich from Quiznos."