3: Secrets will unfold

Isabelle was worried about her big brother, she hadn't seen him in three days, he was never usually gone this long. Now that she started to properly think about it, she hadn't seen Clary in three days either, she stared at herself in the mirror and saw the door behind her open slightly, she went to shut it but Alec came through the door, holding Clary's hand. Isabelle grinned, 

"This is new." Isabelle teased, Clary and Alec looked at each other and smiled, "Well, it started when..." Alec explained how Jace had said he was in love with Maia and Alec came to comfort Clary but both admitted their feelings to each other during the process and the awkward moment when Simon walked in on them kissing. Lastly the way Jace tracked Alec and trailed Clary and Alec for awhile until traffic kept him back.

"That was," Isabelle paused, "Interesting.". A crashing noise came from behind the, the threesome turned around with an incredible amount of speed to see that Isabelle's door had been ripped out of its hinges and behind it stood Jace.

*   *   *   *   *

Simon was running as fast as he could home, what he saw was printed on the back of his eyelids, then again, Alec had walked in on him and Isabelle kissing. Seeing Clary with Alec was-different. Simon knew how much Clary loved Jace, but he must of done something horrible to her to make Clary kiss his best friend. Simon pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialled Jace's number.

*   *   *   *   *

Jace breathed heavily, 

"Alec, what were you doing at her house?" Jace spat, and received a filthy stare from Clary. Alec stood there with his mouth gaping open.

"He was apologising for what you said. Did you have someone to practice your break up on Jace?" Clary's voice was rising and dripping with sarcasm. "Or did you break up with him first with the exact same response?" Jace glared at Clary and got a "Hmph" from her back. A choked laugh filled the silent room and Jace, Clary and Isabelle turned to look at Alec biting down a laugh. 

"You--" Jace started, but was interrupted by a familiar Britney Spears  ringtone. Jace turned around and stalked out of the room,

"...What do you want Simon?...Did they?...Thanks mate..." Isabelle, Alec and Clary pressed their ears against the wall. They heard footsteps and they scrambled back, Jace came back into the room with a wicked grin on his face,

"Simon has told me that he caught you two doing very naughty things." He pointed at Alec and Clary "How should we punish that. Eh?"

If you haven't already, check out my story: Gracewood - 

The quiet, rural town of Gracewood holds a secret...

23-year-old Ayla Richmond has a great life. She attends an exclusive university in the city and spends most of her time studying to become a lawyer. But, when she finds a blunt knife in her bedroom with a note that says 'WATCH OUT GRACEWOOD', she begins to worry for her very own hometown; Gracewood. She sets off to Gracewood with her best friend Camila for answers, only to arrive just in time for the funeral of her friend from primary school; a murder victim, which leaves Ayla with even more startling questions about her hometown. Ayla meets Will Faye, a young detective, willing to help her solve what is happening in Gracewood, but as Ayla digs deeper into the history of Gracewood, she slowly finds herself drawn into a web of deceit, lies and perhaps, even murder. Can Ayla uncover the secret of the murder and the blunt knife before it's too late, or will her demise become yet another Gracewood legend?