5: New Runes

A/N: Hey everyone, I'm on my summer holidays and I've decided to release a new chapter every 3-4 weeks... Because I want to keep you in suspense, and I'm really mean too... :)       ~ Brooklyn

Alec rolled to the left as fast as he could, but not fast enough. He felt a sharp pain in his hip, Alec looked down at his hip, his jeans were stained black with blood. Alec saw Clary holding Isabelle's head up and an extremely strong pang of admiration coursed through his body. Jace looked satisfied with himself, but only until he was on the floor grabbing his shoulder in pain. Alec drew a quick Iratze and made his way over to Clary

"Jace, faking getting stabbed in the shoulder with a seraph blade isn't going to get you any sympathy at all. Wait, you wouldn't get any sympathy even if you did get stabbed in the shoulder with a seraph blade." 

As Clary finished her sentence Jace glared at her and doubled up, coughing blood.  

"Clarissa, stop being a bitch. My parabatai rune is bleeding. I've drawn 4 Iratze's and nothing is happening."

"You just stabbed me in the hip with a seraph blade and you expect me to bow down to you whenever you're hurt? I don't think so. Clary, Isabelle, let's go somewhere this piece of filth can't follow us." 

Jace seemed to forget his bleeding shoulder and sprinted to the doorway,

"You aren't going anywhere!"

Isabelle tossed her hair and slapped Jace in the face. Hard. So hard that Jace had a perfect red hand mark on his cheek.

"What is it with you assholes and slapping me?" Jace shouted.

Alec looked back at clary who was using hand gestures that Jace couldn't make out. First phrase: I am. Second Phrase: Going to. Third Phrase: Draw a. Fourth Phrase: Rune that. Fifth Phrase: will temporarily. Sixth Phrase: Hurt him... 'I am going to draw a rune that will temporarily hurt him.'  Alec nodded and tried to shield her so that Jace couldn't see what she was doing.

"You make us slap you, Jace. By being a dick." Isabelle said blithely. "Now leave my room, or I will have to remove you myself."

"I'd like to see you try, darling Isabelle." Jace said with a menacing grin. Isabelle glared.

Clary came up behind Alec and whispered in his ear,

"It's ready."

Alec moved aside and ran at Jace, knocking him to the ground and pinning his collarbone so that Clary could draw her rune. Clary closed her eyes and drew on his collarbone a very detailed rune. 

"I'm finished. When the rune is activated, it should-"

Clary was cut off by a blinding white light and continuous screaming. Coming from Jace.