25: A Lovely Turn of Events

Clary was on top of Alec, shaking him awake.

"Alec! Wake up!" Clary shouted.

"Whaaaaaat? Whyyyyy?" Alec replied as he tried to shield his eyes from a bright light: probably the sun. "What time is it?" Alec asked groggily.

"2:39 am," Clary answered as she glanced at her watch.

"What the... How is there sunlight this early?"

"That's not the sun, honey." Clary pulled Alec off of the bed, smirking. "That's your son."

Alec couldn't contain his happiness. He hugged his sleeping son and kissed Clary. He tried to wake Henry up but something wasn't right.

"Clary... Why has our son got a hickey?" Alec was holding Henry in his arms. Clary's eyes narrowed before she gasped and covered her mouth. Before she could say anything, Magnus Bane appeared out of nowhere, with his finger on his lips, motioning everyone to be quiet.

"Magnus! Have you found the little shit yet?" A voice drifted from down the hallway.

"No, I haven't. Keep on looking. I'm going to dig around Clarissa's room for something she stole from me quite a while ago." Magnus replied while shaking his head. Then he began to whisper, "Come with me. I won't hurt you. I need to tell you something." Clary and Alec looked at each other desperately before grabbing Henry and portalling to his apartment.

-_-*-*-_-*-*-_-*-*-_-*-*-_-

Magnus fiddled with his many rings while staring longingly at Alec. 

"There's uh... something you should know." Magnus stood up. "About Henry. You might want to sit down."

"We are both already sitting down, Magnus. Stop stalling." Alec responded.

"Firstly, you should know that I was forced to do all of this by Jace. If I didn't, he would've killed one of you. I'm sorry." Magnus looked at his feet, "I guess I better tell you guys then."

"No shit," Clary said.

"First of all: Henry is not Alexander Lightwood's child. Second of all: Henry is actually my child and has warlock blood. Which is also why he can teleport without a portal."

As you would expect, Clary and Alec's jaws dropped to the floor.