18: Glass

The manacles burned around Jace's wrist as he tried to catch a glimpse of a comatose Clary through the small one way glass that was just in reach.
"I swear to fucking god that this bitch is always unconscious. Fuckin' weak if you ask me." Jace mumbled.
"Be careful what you say. You never know who's listening. Asshole." Isabelle flung her whip so that the electrum circled Jace's neck. "Now unless you 'swear to fucking god' that you won't touch or talk about Clary, I won't yank this whip and decapitate you. Understand?" Jace nodded numbly. Isabelle coiled her whip and stalked off. Not noticing the one way glass in Jace's room. Jace held up the stele that he stole from Isabelle when she walked towards him and unlocked the manacles. He saw that Clary had woken up and was talking to Alec;
"--ace strangled you and you were out for like 45 minutes."
"Okay. Thanks Alec. Can you just leave while I get changed?" Alec nodded and left the room. Clary looked at herself in the mirror and slowly unbuttoned her shirt.--
This will be fucking amazing. Jace thought.
-- Clary shrugged her shirt off and unzipped her jeans. She was left standing in her bra and under wear. She unclipped her bra and watched it fall to the ground--
Jace noticed a small knob on the glass. And peeked through it. A secret door. He shut it slowly and quickly scribbled a message to Magnus. They knew how to strike at Clary, Alec, Isabelle and Simon. It was only a matter of time.
-------------------------------------–——————•
Clary looked at her nude self in the mirror and her now showing baby bump. Something didn't feel right. She felt like she was being watched. She got dressed quickly and made her way downstairs. Where everyone was waiting for her. Luke had a broad smile on his face and clapped his hands together when he saw Clary enter the room.
"We know what to do!" Luke hugged Clary
"About what?" Clary furrowed her eyebrows together. Luke gave Clary the letter Magnus had sent before that asked for Alec.
"I've already read it."
"Read the back." Alec pointed out. Even he seemed jovial. The back of the letter read;
Recipe for reversing fetus bonding potion
Underneath, it had all of the ingredients and how to make the potion. Jocelyn held a bag of things in her hand. She laid them across the table and started cooking.
"WAIT! What if Magnus put it there on purpose? What if it was meant to be put there?" Simon yelled as he rushed towards Jocelyn. "We should try it on an animal or something first. Or make the fetus bonding potion and then use it on a pregnant rat or something, then we test this one?" Everyone seemed pleased with the idea. Alec found another recipe for the Fetus Bonding potion and made that while Jocelyn continued with hers.
2 hours later
"They are both done!" Jocelyn called out. Isabelle found a pregnant mouse and placed it in a container. Alec gave it a few drops of the potion before breaking its neck. Sure enough, the rat came back to life. Luke took the Reverse Fetus Bonding Potion and dropped it in the mouse's mouth. The mouse looked fine. Until a blue sheet of ice surrounded it. Paralysing the animal. Clary clenched her fists and punched the wall.
"WHY DO I GET THE PERFECT LIFE AND IT IS RIPPED FROM UNDERNEATH ME!?!?" She screamed. Tears pouring down her face with frustration. No one could do anything except stand there awkwardly.