23: My Friend

Three Years Later...

"Henry!" Clary looked in every room she could, but she simply couldn't find him. She and Alec hadn't had a wink of sleep ever since Henry. Clary sighed and grabbed one of Henry's toys. She tracked him through the institute where they relocated as soon as Magnus and Jace had no longer posed as a threat. Clary weaved through the institute until she reached the weapons room. Of course. When she opened the door there was Henry reaching for a gigantic mace. "Oh by the Angel, Henry!" Clary swooped and picked Henry up. She suddenly felt a pang of sadness. She remembered when Jace told her a story of his ancestors of a similar experience, except James Herondale, stole a seraph blade instead. As she turned around she saw Alec leaning against the door frame.

"You're thinking about him again, aren't you?" Clary stared blankly then slowly nodded. Ever since Henry started talking about his friend with golden hair, she couldn't stop thinking about Jace. Maybe she was just paranoid. She could see the hurt behind Alec's eyes. She didn't blame him, to be honest. 

"We'll talk soon, let me just drop Henry off with Izzy and Simon." Alec nodded and took Henry from Clary's arms. As much as she loved being a mum, she felt that Alec was the more involved figure. Clary was so scared that she would turn into her mother in keeping secrets from her child. 

A scream sounded in the distance and her motherly instincts went crazy. She bolted towards the sickening sound and found Isabelle, Simon and Alec standing together... wait. Where was Henry?

"Mummy! Look, this is my friend with golden hair." Henry pointed toward a figure standing over him. Clary's heart dropped. Of course, it was fucking Jace Herondale. Why wouldn't it be?

"Please don't involve our son in this petty drama." Alec stepped forward, protecting everyone; except for the one person that really mattered... Henry. Jace grinned widely, showing every single tooth.

"Uh-Uh." Jace shook his head. He turned to walk away. "If you follow me or Henry, Henry gets the knife." Isabelle covered her mouth which stifled a scream. Alec had to forcefully hold Clary back. Clary fell to the ground as her knees gave out underneath her. She punched the ground with both fists until her knuckles were bloodied. Alec put a comforting arm around her shoulders.

A/N: Hey, enjoy the chapter, please go check out my first ever original story called 'Gracewood' it's on my profile. Here is the synopsis:

The quiet, rural town of Gracewood holds a secret...23-year-old Ayla Richmond has a great life. She attends an exclusive university in the city and spends most of her time studying to become a lawyer. But, when she finds a blunt knife in her bedroom with a note that says 'WATCH OUT GRACEWOOD', she begins to worry for her very own hometown; Gracewood. She sets off to Gracewood with her best friend Camila for answers, only to arrive just in time for the funeral of her friend from primary school; a murder victim, which leaves Ayla with even more startling questions about her hometown. Ayla meets Will Faye, a young detective, willing to help her solve what is happening in Gracewood, but as Ayla digs deeper into the history of Gracewood, she slowly finds herself drawn into a web of deceit, lies and perhaps, even murder. Can Ayla uncover the secret of the murder and the blunt knife before it's too late, or will her demise become yet another Gracewood legend?

Thanks everyone! ily guys so much!