19: Cures and Curses

Catarina Loss strode into the Sydney hideout, a vial hanging off of her belt and slapping against her thigh. Shadowhunters; so dependent. She thought as she handed Alexander Lightwood her paper thin coat. 

"Where's the girl?" Catarina looked around with an impressed expression. Alec led her to a small room at the end of a corridor. She could hear faint sobs coming from within the room. She twisted the doorknob.

----------------------------------------------------------X-X-X---------------------------------------------------------------

"Is Catarina here yet?" Isabelle called. Simon came into view and only nodded his head. It was horrible; seeing Simon like this. Not being able to talk to his soon parabatai. Isabelle laid flat with her head tilted so she could stare at the pristine ocean. Today wasn't a very happy day for anyone. Jocelyn had sat outside Clary's door all night. Luke was getting ready for the full moon tonight. Alec just stared at his bedroom wall all day. Everyone else was preparing for the next shadowhunter death; Clary. She had four more days until predicted childbirth. That meant four more days left of Clary. That it is if Catarina's potion won't work.

----------------------------------------------------------X-X-X---------------------------------------------------------------

Jace sat still. Watching in fascination at Clary, who had not showered, changed clothes or brushed her hair in a week. She sat in the one spot. Never moving. Always crying. Jace reached for the handle on the secret door, but the door to Clary's room opened. In walked a blue skinned woman. Warlock. The woman tried to give Clary a vial of something, but Clary refused.

----------------------------------------------------------X-X-X---------------------------------------------------------------

"Come on Clary! Drink the vial!" Alec snatched the vial and tried to shove it down Clary's throat. "I can't live without you." Alec's voice broke. 

"If I take it, what will happen." Clary whispered in a small voice.

"It is also a form of necromancy. It will bring you back to life. But there is one thing--" Catarina was cut off by Clary. With a wave of her hand, she chugged the entire vial. A light surrounded her and life filled her eyes. But the bump on her stomach, somehow disappeared. 

"Where's my baby!?" Clary yelled. 

"You should probably sit down." Catarina gestured towards the bed.