CHAPTER 02

AFTER QUI-GON TOLD them why he and his group were there on Tatooine, and that he needed money to get parts for the ship, they told him that they can get the money by podracing. Anakin did race, and he won. 

Apparently Qui-Gon betted on Anakin, if he won, Anakin would be set free.

Ava hugged her younger brother, "I'll miss you, Ani."

"Then why don't you come with us?" Qui-Gon asked from behind them.

The blonde shook her head, "I can't leave my mother alone."

The mother of two smiled at her eldest, "I know how much you want to leave this place. Especially since you've been freed."

"Mom, I can't."

"Of course you can, dear." She hugged Ava, "Go."

Ava nodded and wiped the tears she didn't know she shed, "Okay." She turned to Qui-Gon, "Okay."

He nodded, "I'll see you two outside."

After packing, her mother walked her to the front door, "Go see the stars." She whispered, kissing her daughter's forehead,

"I'll come back someday, and I'll tell you all about it." Ava told her mother,

"Until then." She waved as she watched her children go.

They walked into the outskirts of the village. Anakin lagged behind, he smaller legs struggling to keep up in the depths of the sand.

Once the ship was in sight, they began running, "Wait, Qui-Gon, sir! I'm tired." Anakin yelled from behind Ava and the Jedi.

Qui-Gon and Ava turned around and saw a man on a speeder coming towards them. "Anakin! Drop!" Ava yelled.

Anakin did as his sister said and Qui-Gon pushed her away. Ava landed in the sand, screaming as the man on the speeder jumped over her and took out his lightsaber to fight Qui-Gon, "Go! Tell them to take off!" He told them,

"What about you?!" Ava yelled as Anakin ran to her.

"I'll be fine! Just go!"

Anakin pulled on her hand and they began running. She stopped at the opening ship and turned around to watch them fight, "Wow."

She had never seen anything more graceful and powerful at the same time.

"Ava! Come on!" Anakin yelled, grabbing her sleeve and pulling his older sister with him.

Padmae and some other man were in the ship and took them towards the cockpit, "Qui-Gon's in trouble!" Ava exclaimed, seeing a pilot and another man in a brown robe, similar to Qui-Gon's.