Unfair

The butterfly feeling that came as a first kick was foreign and at the same time exciting. He was bummed that Louis was at work when it happened. Louis has been working a lot lately, Harry was lonely even though he did have William inside. Harry found himself talking to the little one quite often. Louis' shifts seemed to be getting later but Harry understood that it meant money and a roof over their heads. It was hard to get used to.
He missed Liam in some stupid way, he knew he shouldn't but it was times like this he wished he could call Liam up and get him to come round and hang with him for the night until Louis got back. Harry's bump was kind of big now he was 5 months he had one more month until they saw their sweet boy again. Harry couldn't wait.

"You're mummys little angel," Harry cooed at his stomach "my sweet little boy, I hope you look like daddy." he rubbed his stomach gently.

William didn't move to him rubbing his stomach, he must be asleep. Harry reached to the cushion beside him grabbing the stethoscope Louis surprised him with the other night. He put the ear pieces in and rolled up his shirt. He moved the piece around finding the heartbeat and he did.

Fast like a train. Thump, thump, thump going as fast as Harry could count. He started singing to his bump.

"If I could fly I'd be coming right back home to you," he sung skipping a few lines "for your little eyes only I show you my heart, for when you're lonely and forget who you are, I'm missing half of me when we're apart. Now you know me, for your little eyes only. For your little eyes only." Harry felt one tear fall down his cheek.

He loved listening to Williams heart, it reminded him that he was never going to be alone. He would always have William as a part of him if something ever happened to Louis.

"I can't wait to meet you." Harry smiled.

He phone buzzed cause he put it on vibrate because Liam wouldn't leave him alone. He looked down at the screen to see who it was. An unknown number it was. He picked it up just in case it was some emergency calling about Louis being hurt.

"Hello?" Harry answered.

"Harry? Harry Styles?" a woman's voice came through he'd heard that before who's was it?

"This is he, may I ask who this is?" Harry asked politely.

"I-it's Karen, Karen Payne." her voice was shaking like she's been crying and is fighting to hold back the tears.

"I knew you sounded familiar! Is everything alright?" Harry asked some feeling raised into his throat making it feel tight.

"N-no it's my baby boy Liam, h-he- he was hit by a truck and-" Karen went quiet.

Harry's eyes started burning. He could feel the tears filling his eyes.

"Hello? Mrs. Payne?" Harry said.

"Harry this is Geoff. Liam was hit by a truck while he was out. He's not well off Harry- please come to the hospital we're in the ICU ask for Liam Payne." Geoff's voice cracked and he hung up.

Harry felt his heart break in a million little pieces inside him. He dropped his phone onto the sofa. He was in his pj's still. He quickly slipped on his sneakers and grabbed a small leather pack and stuffed with clothes that were comfortable for him. He grabbed the stethoscope to keep him calm during the stay and put it in his bag. He packed his laptop into it's bag and grabbed his phone charger and he was off. He called Louis.

"Hello princess." Louis answered.

"Lou I'm on the way to the hospital Liams been hurt. He's been hit by a truck." Harry cried.

"I'll be round after I get off okay?" Louis said calmly.

He wanted to remain calm for Harry.

"Yeah okay he's on the ICU floor ask for Liam Payne when you get to the desk and they'll get you directed from there." Harry held back the tears.