Chains

Reality crawled back into my head as I started to wake up. I licked my lips, because they were extremely chapped. Blood? I tried to feel the rest of my body, but I couldn't. My hands were clamped down to a rusty metal board. Pins stood out and punctured my skin, making my wrists bleed. It was like I was in a torture chamber.

"Who did this to me?" I asked sheepishly. I wanted it to sound like I could fight, but that was far from the truth. I, Melanie Dorrian, was a true, pure scardey-cat.

"Do you really want to know?" A terrifyingly low voice boomed from out of the darkness. The library shook. I squinted, but I couldn't see anything. "BECAUSE I DOUBT YOU DO!!!!" A chorus of laughter followed, but this was no mood for laughing.

There's more people, I thought nervously. There were multiple threats in the same room with me, and I couldn't even see them!

I gulped. "Uhhhhhh. . . . I do but I'm scared," I confessed. Panic was hammered into my voice.

Cackling came at me from all around the Study Palace. "Well, that's the point."

The chandelier in the middle of the room fell and broke with a loud clatter. Wind blew at me at such a force that if at could've been blown backwards at would've. High, eerie laughs filled the space. "Today is the day you've met your final match," a voice called, raising his voice above the wind and the laughs.

Tears sprang into my eyes. Today is the day I will die. I should've gone to the fake haunted house. Wait. . . . What about Elizabeth. "Elizabeth!" I yelled. The rest of my words were cut short as a hand grabbed my neck. It was very warm and strong. Now I couldn't breath.

"Melanie? Melanie! Are you okay?" Elizabeth yelled. As my vision adjusted, I could see her running at me. Of course, she didn't make it. A mystical force pulled her backwards. "Melanie save me! Please!" She started to gag.

Oh no. Elizabeth followed me here. Why did she do that? It seemed that those would be my final thoughts. " I can't, I'm pinned down to these boards," I explained after the hand finally let go.

All of a sudden, candles started to light them selves one by one. The room became silent as it was dimly lit. Then, a creature emerged out of thin air. "Now it is your turn to join us. We are the dead."

P.S I'm sorry that this chapter sounded a little choppy, I will make sure to revise it soon.