Chapter Eight: Kousei's Agony

A/N: Thank you to my readers! Vote and comment, please!

Kousei POV:

I woke up in the morning the next day filled with hope and delight but I can't also forget that I'm in the hospital. I can't leave out inside that my sickness has no cure. The only thing they could do to help me was to manage it. I stared at myself in the mirror at my left side near my IV drips. I really look pale and it is obvious that I'm suffering due to my condition.

I've had my tasteless breakfast in the morning alone. My stomach didn't easily took it in and I've had a stomach ache. When a male nurse got in to check on me while I'm alone, I complained about my aching stomach.

Nausea came over me and so, I forced myself to get out from my bed to go to a nearby restroom but I was quickly stopped by the nurse when he finally got back before I leave my bed. He gave me a small bucket and that's where I vomited all I ate that morning. He gave me a pain reliever and I went back to sleep after drinking my medicine.

When afternoon came, visiting hours finally began. Watari, Tsubaki and Seto-san visited me that day while a nurse give me a new IV drip and check the ECG beside me.

I finally learned the name of the monitor that checks the beats of my problematic heart. My father went in bringing loafs of bread. Why does dad actually had those with him?

I'm losing my appetite due to eating them because I can't taste right. The doctors had been prescribing some medicines to me. Tsubaki watched me drink a bitter tablet and swallow it down. "Just recently we were visiting Kaori here in the hospital with you."

What she said was true. I was with them when we were visiting Kaori as a patient, now, I am the patient stuck in a hospital bed. "Kaori's fine now. She was able to fight off her cancer."

Watari grinned. "You look depressed, dude! Don't look down or else Kaori's gonna get angry with you!"

I'm glad that I have him as my best friend. "You're right. She'll be sad if I allow myself get defeated by my disease. She was able to survive because I didn't give up on her."

That's when I noticed that Seto Hiroko did not bring Koharu with her. "Where's Koharu?"

"Oh, her? She's with her father," Seto-san answered me.

I was relieved and it made me happy when they visited me. Miyazono Kaori hasn't returned yet, but maybe, she decided to give them space so they could talk to me. She was the one who told me last night that I'm scheduled for a surgery today. They kept me busy by talking to them and they informed me that both of them had been accepted to the schools they wanted to enter.

Watari Ryota will be in a Sports High School while Tsubaki got herself accepted in an Academic School near Okutsu College of Music Affiliated High School. Hearing their stories made me miss my piano. I stared at my hands and imagined myself playing the pieces I had been playing since I was a kid.