Chapter Thirteen: Hold Me

A/N: Just like I said, I'll update weekly. I hope you like it!

...

Kaori, my father, Hikari and I, arrived in Tokyo in a car, driven by our chauffeur. In my surprise, we arrived not in a hotel but in a large, old mansion where I met my grandfather for the first time as an adolescent. He was wearing a pink shirt. He's followed by a man wearing black sunglasses and a black suit. He may be grandpa's bodyguard. "I'm glad to finally meet you alive and well, Kousei. You look like your father but your eyes, your eyes came from your mother."

"Ah... grandpa... you know...," I stuttered. I don't know what to say to him. I had been very much ignorant on everything about my family since I was hidden inside a province.

"Arima Kousei, you are a member of the Arima Family. You must not worry," he told me.

Kaori held my hands to comfort me. I'm glad she's with me right now.

My grandfather guided us in and when I looked around, I noticed that the mansion seemed to be an old structure. There were also a lot of stairs left and right with red carpets on. There were also a lot of servants working. When we arrived at the foyer, that when I saw a wide staircase at the center of the mansion. Grandpa warned me that the center wing's staircase is forbidden for me to go to and only the adults are allowed to go at the second floor of the center wing.

A young girl, older than me and Kaori, appeared before us a few minutes later. She's wearing a blue dress that signifies that she's one of grandpa's maids. "Master, should I bring them to their designated rooms now? Their bags had been placed in their rooms now," she asked grandpa after she bowed to him.

"Yes, do so," he replied to her.

I glanced at my father and he gestured for me to follow. The young woman smiled at the two of us as my father, grandpa and Hikari leave us. All three of them went at the center wing's staircase and went at the second floor. The young woman introduced herself as we walk at the right wing. "I'm Hinatsuki Rina. You can call me Rina instead."

I don't exactly know what to say at the moment and so, I just kept myself silent as Kaori and I followed her. All three of us walked on the staircase of the right wing and as we get up, I had observed that there were a lot of pictures of people at the blue wall. Most of them seemed to be from the time of World War Two. "You may not know it, yet, young master but your blood is an old one. Your blood and the Arima Blood Clan are powerful people. Your father is one of the heirs and Master wants him to replace him as the clan's head but he isn't just the suitable replacement. There are a lot and if your father wants to be the Clan head, then he must follow your father's wishes."

I was shocked by what she said and when we were finally at the second floor, I have observed that the mansion is truly... old.

"This mansion- Is this inherited?" I asked her since she seemed to know a lot about my family more than me.

Rina's brown eyes stared at me and smiled, "Your observation skills are great, young master. the blood in your veins is as old as this mansion. The Arima Family belong to the richest families way back from World War Two."

Kaori separated from me and asked her, "You know a lot about them. How? You look like you're only five years older than the two of us."

She stopped walking and we also stopped walking. "I'm a daughter of the butler of your grandfather. We are loyal servants of the Arima Family and we all know young master's situation," she replied to her.

What she said surprised me and I felt disgusted at myself. "You know that I have a heart disease, then?" I asked her.

"I am not just a maid, young master. I am assigned by Master to be your personal nurse. You'll be meeting your personal doctor, too," she replied to me with a huge smile on her lips.

I can't believe how powerful my grandpa is. I just decided to look around to stop thinking about the fate that will befall me in the future. The hallway of the right wing is also very much long as if I entered a school's university. There are also a lot of chandeliers and statues in every corner. She walked once again as we arrive in an old room. She took out a key from her waist and opened the door. She gave me the keys and told the two of us, "This is your room, young master. Yours and your girl's room."

I blushed.

Both of us will be sharing one room?

She guided us in and when the three of us are already inside, my mouth dropped open. If the outside seemed like stuck in the 20th century, the inside of my room is very modern, young and modest. There is also a music room for the two of us and when I thought we'll be sharing one room, I was wrong.

There are another two rooms inside a room?

"So, where are the keys for the two rooms inside this room?" I asked her.

She gave it to me. "You'll be having your own butler soon."

She excused herself and left us after she was done guiding us in our room or should I say, private quarters?

I gave Kaori the key for her room so she could begin organizing her room. The keys and doors were named already. Mine was on the right while Kaori's at the left side.

The rooms were only small since it only comprises of a queen-sized bed and two cabinets. I opened the small window to let the air in. I looked out and noticed that Tokyo is really different from the province where I grew up. I walked in and I found my bags and trolleys near the large, wooden cabinet. I began unpacking them. I organized my clothes neat and clean. I sat on my bed and thought about my life. My father and I are members of an old, elite family.

Up until now, I still can't believe that I am my father's son. Was I making my father's life difficult? If not because of me, he should have been thinking more on replacing my grandpa than taking care of me. I went outside my room and I was quickly approached by Kaori.

"Stay beside me always. The mansion's enormous and I might get lost," I told her with obvious cracks on my voice.

She warmly whispered to me. "I believe that the reason why we were in this room was for me to keep an eye on you."

I stared at the enormous room and told her, "You're right. At least someone can see me if something bad happens to me."

She went in front of me and asked me, "Are you alright?"

"Hold me," I told her as tears fall down my eyes. Everything that was revealed today still surprises me and my chest tightens. When she hugged me, my chest slowly calms down and isn't that much painful anymore.

"I'll stay beside you, don't worry," she promised me.

...

A/n: Hoped you liked this new update! Don't forget to vote and comment!