Chapter Twenty Eight: Rescue Me

A/n: Thank you for all the support you are giving me! Don't forget to vote and comment, okay?

...

Arima Kousei POV:

Days passed after I had my second heart failure, my family became aware that I began to change drastically. I had been irritable, lonely and afraid. Since then, I never wanted anyone to see me anymore. I even asked my bodyguard not to let my friends in my room anymore because I began to totally feel strange. I'm nervous for my own life. I'm not myself anymore. I want someone to rescue me and set me free from the agony I'm trapped in. I'm locked inside a lonely box with all strange tubes connected to me.

I hate drinking a lot of bitter medicines just so I can live for longer. I even tried to escape once in my own room, too. It was already dark and all of the lights outside my room were closed when I took off all of the tubes and needles from my skin. I tried to run away but I just fainted on the spot, a distance away from my room. When I woke up, I'm inside my room again and that depressed me so much.

I want to go home. I hate hospitals. I don't like the bitter chemicals they were making me drink and inject on me. I wasn't afraid of needles before but I began to get scared of it since they always use painful needles that pierce my skin when I kept losing my breath this past few days. My throat burns whenever I throw up, too.

Due to the weakness I feel, I began to act like my mother when she was sick. I get angry so quickly without reason and I cry in my sleep. I know that my time's running short. I tried to make the nurses leave me alone, too, but I knew that they won't go away. There was also a time that I just throw the medicines in my bathroom and not drink them but I was found by Seto Hiroko. I received a long lecture coming from her about how important my pills were.

Nightmares kept bombarding me and that it sleep difficult. I can't rest without them giving me sedatives.

My heart's giving up on me. I could feel it. I know that it gave up on me twice now. I hate what I am experiencing. I hugged my knees and cry in my bed whenever I'm alone to take out all of the pain I'm having. Nurses and doctors kept walking to and fro in my room to check my vital signs. They smile at me as if everything will be fine.

I began to lose appetite when my taste buds began to make all the food they bring me tasteless. I've become bedridden and I hate it. I also hate that because of me, Yamato Kento was scolded by my father.

My father's words to him hurt me, too. "How did you not see him escape his room? Tell me, tell me!!! Why didn't you see him get out of his room? If the nurses didn't see him unconscious, my son might have been dead already! I know you care for him, too. Please, guard him better now. Don't go anywhere anymore. Stay in his room. Look after him, understood?"

He bowed at him and answered, "I will look after him now. It won't happen again."

...

Weeks passed by without me noticing already. If ever I have visitors, I don't actually see or meet them since I'm given stronger sedatives to make me sleep to prevent me from trying to escape my room again.

When Hikari-san entered my room, she looked at me with full of worry, "I heard that you're not eating anything and you tried to escape. What's wrong?"

I stared at her and decided to sit up. "I feel tired. I can't taste any more. All of the food they give me are beginning to be tasteless in my tongue. I don't... I don't know what's happening with me." Tears began to flow down my eyes. I'm suffering and because I am very sick, I'm making their lives difficult, too. I don't want them feeling that way because of me.