Chapter 5 Annabeth

Chapter 5
Annabeth

I was so worried when Percy just dropped. I had been glaring at Carly when he fell off the bench and his eyes rolled back in his head. I jumped off the bench and pushed him up into a sitting position, Jeremy hopped up from his seat and helped me haul Percy up in a standing position. We hobbled to the nurse, Percy between us. When we got there the nurse had us sit him on a bed and she took his temperature.
"He's in good health, I have no idea why he would just pass out like that." The nurse said after about 10 minutes. I was sitting next to him running my fingers through his hair. Jeremy and Caitlyn were standing at the foot of the bed and Carly and her posse were in the doorway. Nurse Palmer shooed them away but not before she shot me a dirty look. I sat by Percy's bed for what felt like forever before his hand stirred underneath mine. I studied his face and whispered, "Percy?" He groaned.
"What? Where?" He stuttered and opened his eyes. I tackled him in a hug. He wrapped his arms around my waist and snuggled his face in my hair.
"Are you ok?" I asked him pulling away. He looked at me and a single tear escaped his eye. I tried to hold in a gasp, Percy almost never cries, and to see him this heartbroken shatters my heart.
"Percy, what's wrong?" I asked searching his face for an answer. He then opened his mouth and spoke, "I..I dreamt that you left me." He said. I gaped at him. After I gathered my thoughts I pulled his face close to mine.
"Percy Jackson, I love you so much and don't forget that. I would never ever leave you." I said, he looked at me and sat up.
"I kissed Carly." He said. My heart plummeted.