Chapter 4 Percy POV

Chapter 4

Percy POV

I sat up bolt right in my bed. Sweat trickled down my back. I fumbled out of bed and walked down the hallway to the bathroom. I splashed handful after handful of cold water on my face. I looked up and saw my face but it was drawn with worry lines and dark circles were under my eyes. I thought back to that split second.. No I thought and shut my eyes. I walked back to my room and looked at the clock, it said 6:55. I huffed and fell back on my bed.

____________________________________________________________

I was pulling into the school parking lot when I saw her waking in. I parked my truck and ran towards her, I wrapped my arms around her and said "Guess who?" She giggled, "My amazing and wonderful boyfriend!" She said turning around to see me. I gave her a peck on the lips and we waked hand in hand I into the school.

We got to our lockers, and started pulling out things that we needed for the day. After that we headed to English.

Before I knew it, it was lunch and I was sitting next to Annabeth. Carly walked up and sat down next to me and in the process pushed Annabeth off her chair and onto the ground. I jumped out of my seat and went to help her but she had already gotten up and was reaching for her dagger. I caught her arm and she glared at me. Carly coughed. "Hi Percy!" I looked at her with such rage that if looks could kill she would have been dead 10 seconds ago. Annabeth looked like she was drilling a hole into her head with her eyes. Her eyes.. And I was pulled into a flashback.

____________________________________________________________

I turned and saw Annabeth, a single tear dropped from her face to the ground. Her eyes were black and she was really mad. She ran and I called to her but she didn't turn back, only then did I realize that I had my arms wrapped around Carly and she had her hands in my hair. I pulled back and she started to transform into an older woman in a black dress with dirt swirling around her. Gaea. I thought, "We defeated you!" I said, she laughed coldly and a shiver went up my spine. "Oh Perseus Jackson you see I am Mother Earth, I cannot be fully destroyed, I will rise again and you cannot stop me." She smiled and I grimaced. She looked at me disappointedly, "You broke her heart, you broke her." She said and the scene dissolved.

I was watching Annabeth as she twirled her dagger making deifferent designs in her skin. As time went on she started going deeper until her arm was stained red and tears streaked her face. The scene changed yet again.

I was in front of a Tattoo Shop and Annabeth was standing in front. Yet she wasn't Annabeth, she had on all black clothing and enough black eyeliner to last a decade. She walked in and the man smiled at her, she kept her face masked. She sat in the chair and showed him a picture, he nodded and turned the machine on. When he was done her face was drawn but she looked pleased by what she saw. I read it before he bandaged it, it said "Love Breeds Eternal Misery" in giant black swirly letters.

And wth that the memory faded and I was staring at Annabeth's concerned face as she shook me awake.