Chapter 12 Annabeth

Chapter 12

Annabeth

For a moment I didn't feel a thing, the shock took over my body and I didn't register anything. But that was just a moment. I was in agony. The pain was to excruciating to bare.

I lost track of time but I heard Kelli shriek and footsteps. I pressed my hand to my abdomen and found the knife handle. I pulled the knife out and gripped it in my hand. I opened my eyes and saw Percy stab Kelli. For a moment he was triumphant and then it dawned on him. He came sprinting over and his eyes began to water.

"Your going to be okay, okay?" He said, barely a whisper. I smiled sadly.

"Percy, I can't promise," I coughed and felt warm blood trickle down my chin, "anything." I finished. By now he had salty tears streaming down his face and neck, soaking the top of his shirt.

"Annabeth." He croaked. I put my hands on his chin.

"Look at me." I said pulling his face a mere 2 inches from mine.

"I love you always and forever. Demigods don't live forever, we have been lucky to make it this far and you know that. But sooner or later enemies catch up and sometimes we aren't that lucky." He opened his mouth to speak but I stopped him.

"You gave me forever in a number of days and I am so grateful for that. You need to move on and.." I choked up a bit, "be happy, I'm sure you won't have a problem finding a girl." I joked. He did not find it funny.

"Annabeth you can't leave! We are going to spend the rest of our lives together!" I smiled sadly, "Percy, forever is only a number of days, it doesn't last." By now I was breathing in short rasps.

"Tell my dad that I love him and I couldn't have asked for someone better, tell Thalia that she's my best friend and I could not have survived without her, and everyone at camp that they are my family." I was sobbing now.

"Percy, I love you."

He cried out.

My last breathe escaped my lips and the world went dark.

__________________________________________________

I was on a boat. With Charon. I was dead. That though made me shudder. The boat came to a halt and I stepped out. I walked with the dead and waited and waited. Finally it was my turn to find out my fate.

"Annabeth Chase, you will be sentenced to the Fields of Asphodel." I took a sharp intake of breath. 2 creatures, a mutant of something I had no idea, grabbed both my arms and lead me to the gates. To my fate.

I had screamed for so long. My throat was raw. The pain was excruciatingly painful. As the memories were plucked from my head one by one. I didn't remember anything. Nothing but a black-haired boy with sea-green eyes, yet I couldn't place his name. I couldn't remember anything else but his lop-sided grin.

By this point I could not scream anymore. I just sat motionless. Still as a statue.