Chapter 13 Percy

Chapter 13

Percy

I wept. And wept. And wept.

I've never felt so vulnerable. I had watched the light leave her eyes. I had watched her take her last breath. I watched her until her chest didn't rise and fall and her fingers turned ice cold.

After what felt like ages, I stood up and picked her up in my arms. I walked and walked until I got to my house. I knocked. My mom opened the door looking frazzled. A look of relief spread over her face. Then her eyes landed on Annabeth.

She froze.

And she started sobbing.

Paul came to the door to see what was wrong and gasped. He ushered us in the house and we walked to the living room. I set Annabeth down on the couch. Paul had his arm around mom's shoulder and she was sobbing into her hands. I got up and went to the kitchen. Under the sink I grabbed the drachmas. Using the faucet I made a rainbow and threw in the drachma.

"Chiron, Camp Half-Blood." I said. Chiron's face appeared.

"Percy, my boy, how are you? Is something wrong?"

"Annabeth i..is dead." I choked out. He went pale.

"Wh..what? How? Wh... Never mind I'm sending Argus to come pick you both up. He will be there in 10 minutes." He said flabbergasted. The call ended.

I walked into the living room and sat down on the couch. My mom looked at me and opened her arms, just like when I was little. I scooted over and we sat like that. Holding on to each other as if our lives depended on it.

And we didn't let go.