Chapter 9 Annabeth

Chapter 9
Annabeth

I had been doing homework when the doorbell rang. I heard my stepmom answer it and then nothing, no footsteps, no voices, nothing. Now I'm not the superstitious type but something was wrong. I was about to get up when my bedroom door was thrown open. I unsheathed my dagger and peered into the hallway, nothing. What? I stepped out and walked to the stairs. I slowly crept down a step careful not to make a peep.
"We know your here, Chase!" A girlish squeal called. Another voice rang out.
"Come out and we'll spare your family." That's why it was so quiet. They captured my stepmom and dad. Luckily Bobby and Matthew were at a 'manly sleepover'. I pointed my dagger in front of me and walked down the stairs. I couldn't believe my eyes, there were 3 empousa including Kelli, one particularly annoying empousa, 4 hellhounds and a dragon about 7 feet long and pure silver. The 2 empousa had their claws at my parents.
"That's what I thought, now your going to walk out of this house without a word and your dagger, well you can give that to me."Kelli said curtly.
"And what makes you think that I would do that?" I said back to her. She smiled sickly.
"Do you want your mommy and daddy to be torched?" She asked gesturing towards the dragon. I gulped.
"Only if you leave them alone." I said.
Kelli looked at me with annoyance.
"Fine." She huffed.
"Swear it on the River Styx." I said
"She looked like she was going to skewer me.
We all swear on the River Styx that we won't hurt your parents or family in any way." She growled. Her mood then suddenly changed.
"Ok now dagger." She said her voice laced with venom. I didn't like it but I handed her the dagger. Once she put it in her pocket she threw some dust on my parents and they slumped.
"Hey! You said you would hurt them!" I yelled.
"I merely put a memory spell so they won't remember this little encounter." She said smirking. She then walked over to me and raked her claws against my stomach. I tried to duck the next swipe but it only resulted in hitting my head on the footstool by the banister. The last thing I remember was a pain generating from my abdomen and Kelli's malicious face.
I blacked out.
______________________________________________________________________

I wanted to scream. My wrists were on fire from the bindings tying me to the stake. I didn't know where I was. It smelled like rotten fish though. My head was pounding, adrenaline rushing through my veins. Yet I kept passing out. I woke up to Percy's harsh voice. I tried calling out but it only came out as a small whimper. All of a sudden I couldn't breathe. My ribs were on fire and my head was throbbing. I tried opening my eyes but all I caught a glimpse of was a very ugly empousa. It felt like a firecracker shot through my shoulder. My body became ridged, and then I started violently shaking. I had no control, yet as soon as it started it ended. I slumped in relief. That relief didn't last long. I felt my stomach be cut at least a few inches. Then my leg was in fire, like I had stuck it in hot lava and to cool it down, put it in the River Styx. I screamed. The world went dark.