Chapter 14 Percy

Dedicated to my best friend, Morgan. Happy Birthday girly!

Chapter 14

Percy

It had been 2 days, 3 hours, 57 minutes and 24 seconds. 25 seconds. 26 seconds.

"Percy." I looked up, my mom stood there in a black dress that went to her knees. Her hair was in a bun at the base of her neck. A single tear trickled down her make-up free face when she took in my appearance. I was in black jeans, a black polo and black "pointy" shoes as Annabeth had called them at Paul and my mom's wedding.

Annabeth.

She was gone.

This was my final goodbye.

I stood up and looked in the mirror. My raven hair was greasy and disheveled in an ugly way. My face was sickly pale and I had gray bags under my eyes. To say the least, I looked like Nico after we saved him from the giants. And I think Nico looked more put together than me.

We walked out of my room and down the stairs. Thalia, Nico, Piper, Jason, Leo, Hazel and Frank were all around the banister.

Nobody talked.

When they heard us walk down they all looked up. Thalia was the first to come forward. She gave me a hug and we stood there for a few minutes. She pulled away, her black eyeliner was no where in sight and her hair was pulled into a pony-tail. She looked different in a good way but VERY different. Next came Nico, he gave me an awkward hug and stepped back immediately. Frank and Jason walked up together and shook my hands. They too stepped back immediately. Piper and Hazel came up and gave me a hug, I could hear them sobbing into my shirt. They stepped back and ran into Frank and Jason's awaiting arms. I spoke for the first time in what felt like years.

"Let's go." I said, sounding pathetic to my own ears.

__________________________________________________

Annabeth's casket was silver. It had been closed by orders of Athena. She, and I quote, "couldn't bare to see her favorite child cold and lifeless." Which is just downright selfish.

The church was packed, the first four rows were packed full of kids from Camp Half-Blood. The first row contained my parents, Athena, Chiron and there were 8 seats with each of our names on them.

The church started to fill with people. I saw a few familiar faces but i didn't really pay any attention. Soon a guy, who i presumed would perform the ceremony, stood next to the casket.

I didnt listen, it was to hard to pay attention when it felt like a thousand nails were puncturing your heart.

Soon people were getting up to leave, I stood up with the others. We all made a single file line out to the cemetery behind the church.

Some of Annabeth's dad's friends carried the casket out.

They set it down on the elavator thingy and the priest said some more stuff.

Soon people started to leave.

I didn't.

I sank to my knees. The ground was wet from the light rain that morning.

My mom sat down beside me and rubbed soothing circles on my back.

I put my head in my hands and sobbed.

Heart-wrenching sobs.