5

The next day, actually it was six hours later, Aria awoke by the sound of cars honking. She got up and prepared herself for the day. She got out of the motel and walked along the sidewalk.
First thing on her bucket list for today was buying a phone for extreme cases so that she had a backup.

Aria went to a phone shop and bought a prepaid phone. It wasn't the coolest thing but it would work its magic and that was all one could and should wish for.
She turned the phone on and saw that it was fully charged.
Then Aria went to grab a coffee and something to eat.
She was just about to sit down at a table in a small cafe when her phone vibrated. Confused she put down her meal and grabbed the phone then she sank into the comfy armchair, opened the message she got and read it.
"You'll never find her. -A"
Was the only thing it said in the message. And then Aria remembered that one time when she peeked onto Ali's phone screen....

*flashback*

"Ali, your phone's been beeping nonstop for five minutes, do you want me to read the message to you?" Aria yelled to her sister through the closed bathroom door.
"No, I'll get it, I'm done in here anyways!"
Alison's reply was instant and there was something in her voice other than a demand. Something Aria couldn't name but she sure as hell wouldn't contradict.
Then when Ali didn't look she peeked at the display and was confused about what she read:
"Do it or you'll regret it! -A"

*end of flashback*

-A had threatened her sister right in front of her eyes. How could she not notice? How did that happen? How was someone there, doing such horrible things and still being out there? And most importantly who was -A and what did he, she, it do to Ali?
But then she thought about what she could or should do now. The first thing that came to her mind was telling the girls, then again she couldn't. Yes, Aria did run away but only to find her sister, the girls would most likely not understand that, sure they all were friends but none of them was as close to Ali as Aria. And, also, she didn't want to risk putting them in danger by telling them about -A.