31

- Jonathan -

I cackled maniacally as I shot Lui in the chest. As training we were playing a (not so) friendly game of modified lazertag/paintball. Craig was able to create these special bullets that stimulate the pain of a real gun wound that wouldn't physically damage you. We were split into teams and created a large "maze" so we had to think strategically and keep light on our feet.
The practice was immensely fun, we were all laughing at points and deadly serious at other times. Even Craig was enjoying himself and he wasn't the best with guns. It had been about two weeks since my first mission with the gang, myself and Mini had been enjoying everything about our new lives and learning all the techniques that we needed to know for combat and other things out on the field. School was a distant memory and for once I found that I really enjoyed my job, it was fun, adrenaline pumping and I got to experience it all with my family.

I crept around the corner quietly, the air around me was deathly silent. I spotted Craig's curly mop of hair and Tyler's purple shirt. Of course they were teaming together, over the past few weeks they had become inseparable which was terribly cute but sometimes difficult. I grinned evilly as I crept up behind them, they were whispering terribly quietly so I couldn't hear a thing they were saying. Regardless I popped up and shot them both, they cried out and fell on the ground writhing in pain. "Sorry guys, better luck teaming next time" I whispered before winking and slinking off into the night.
Around 12am we finally decided to call it quits, we counted how many times people got shot and I was tied with Vanoss for first place with only two bullets detected on our vests. I was slightly surprised at how well I managed to do, and also quite surprised that Vanoss or Evan got shot twice. We went to bed that night buzzing with an adrenaline rush and anticipation for the next match.

- Craig -

I stayed up later than everyone else, they all slipped off to bed around 1am but I decided to stay on the computer. Recently I had been seeing odd occurrences from three certain people, they never uncovered their faces so I had no clue who they were but what they we're doing was strange. They would always snoop around our base at the same time every second night. They would go to specific places and never stole anything from us. I had decided to keep it a secret from everyone because it was intriguing and they weren't harmful to us..
As I clicked from one camera to another I noticed two of the three people disappear from any camera angle. One stayed behind doing the usual behaviour but looking more panicked which I could tell from their jerky movements. I starred at the one remaining person intensely, waiting for something to happen when I heard a cough from behind me. I jumped and swivelled around in my chair, only to face a wooden bat that was inches from my forehead before hearing a crack and immediately passing out.

A/N- HOLY CRAP GUYS! in the last update i was thanking you all for 7K reads or close to that, and now we've just gotten over 9K reads! Thankyou all sooo much, its amazing how well this book is doing! sorry for the late updates, i've just finished my last exam so hopefully i will now have a bit more time to write :) If you want i'll answer some questions or do a face reveal idk but 9K is a huuuuge achievement and I want to celebrate with you guys!
- love you all
E xx