20th Quarter

Author's Note!

Reviews and Criticism is highly appreciated.

Warning: May have a little bit of OOC but nevertheless, it is how I envisioned it. J

*Italics are thoughts of the characters. * *Bold letters are in English*

Now, ONNNNN TO THE STORYYYY~

This is a work of fiction. All of the characters, organizations, events portrayed in this story is used fictitiously or products of the author's imaginations.

The Strategist Empress. Copyright © 2016 by Cordelia Michaelis. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: I DO NOT own Kuroko No Basket. I only own the Plot and the OC.

____________________________________________________________

Chapter 20

The time for the Winter Cup preliminaries came and all the teams qualified are all gathered together to see who will win and be the next Champion for this year. Surprisingly, my dad's the one who suggested that he will be present throughout the season. I stopped walking towards the stadium and let my hair cover my eyes. People passed by me as my flashbacks happened right before my eyes.

The first time I used my skill was before I left Teiko. Seeing the group break down the bonds, I tried it. I'm the one at fault for the rift of our friendship. If I hadn't manipulated them, they wouldn't be the person that they are now. Looking down from the balcony of the first string gym where a fight between Akashi and Murasakibara took place, I thought to myself as I told them of what they were capable of. Aomine was starting to distance himself from my cousin and his partner which greatly affected the latter, making him unable to function properly. Midorima and Murasakibara fought before they realized that they were in the wrong when Kise and Aomine fought for something shallow.

My eyes held the pain from the cause of my ignorance, a slip of the tongue. I turned my back from the chaos as the tears started flowing down my face. I quietly made a plan to bring them back together but seeing my cousin is better than me, I decided to use him as an excuse to fix things as well. I brought out my resignation letter and I read it silently.

____________________________________________________________  

To the Head Coach and Captain Akashi,

I'm sorry to inform you that I, Yamamura Yuki, will be resigning and properly hand off the position of Head Manager for the Basketball club to Momoi Satsuki for various reasons.

Sincerely yours,

Yamamura Yuki

Head Manager

____________________________________________________________  

I quietly sniffed and walked away from the railings and proceeded to erase the evidence of me crying. I resumed my usual expression when I met the group, the business face of Yamamura Yuki, to which Akashi is the only one who can understand that side of Yuki. I went down and normally discussed Momoi about the data before I called it off.

"Yuki-chan? Are... you all right?" Momoi worriedly asked me.

I replied, "I'm a bit dizzy. I'll be going ahead and don't forget to double check the data that you've obtained, alright?" With that I bid them goodbye and as soon as the door closed shut behind me, I sprinted towards the Head Coach's office and left the letter there, along with my withdrawal from Teiko. No more and no less explanation was given. My decision was final and whether or not they accept it, they just need to know that I'll be gone... Gone for the surgery of my shoulder and for rehabilitation purposes.