~Chapter Thirty~

After a few hours, we had enough lollipops made to feed an army. "Thank you so much Lori," I exclaimed leaning in to hug her.

"No problem!" she laughed. "Anything I can do to help you. We really miss you around here."

"I miss you guys too," I smiled, picking up a container full of some lollipops. We carried the containers of lollipops and put them in the backseat of Matt's truck. After one last goodbye, we hopped in Matt's truck and went back to my house.

When we got there, we transferred the lollipops to my room where I stored them in a safe corner where they wouldn't be disturbed. "What are you going to do now?" Rachel asked me.

"Well, I really need to get these presents wrapped. I don't know, why?" I asked.

"I have nothing to do, can I help?"

"Sure. What about you Matt?"

"I, uh, I can't. I have, um, homework. Yeah, I have homework." He stuttered.

"Really? Over break?"

"Yeah, uh, the teachers decided to step it up this year." He said before leaving.

"Wow, what did I do?" I turned to Rachel, seeing her sad face.

"I just don't think he is quite comfortable with your status yet," she replied.

"My status?"

"With James," she explained.

"Ohmygosh! James! I totally forgot, I need to call him!" I whipped out my phone and quickly dialed his number.

He picked up after two rings, "Hey sunshine, I thought you forgot about me!" He joked. "Are you having a good time with all your friends?"

"Yeah, I'm so glad I got to see them! How is campus?" I smiled at the nickname.

"Boring without you."

"Aww. Did you get your essay done?"

"Yeah, I've basically been practicing basketball all week. Speaking of which, the Winter Formal is coming up and I wondered if you wanted to go with me?"

"Absolutely! That sounds like fun, when is it?" I smiled, toying with the ring wrapped around my forth finger.

"January tenth, I think. And don't worry, I will ask you in public so you can officially say yes."

"Aww, babe, you don't have to!" I said, not protesting too bad.

"Yes, I do. Those other guys need to know you are off the market and mine." He growled, possessively.

I laughed, "You don't have to worry about them, I only have eyes for one guy. Hey, I have to go but I love you. I'll call you again soon!"

"Kay sunshine, have fun. I can't wait to see you again. I love you, bye."