~Chapter Eight~

I gasped when I saw my name under the Advanced team list. Along with me was Raelynn, Cody, a girl named Jessica, of course Regina, and Regina's best friend, Jenni.

Just then Mr. Jones came out of his office. "May I have your attention please." He paused until everyone was quiet. "Can the new members of the advanced team please see me in my office."
We followed him into his spacious office. There was paperwork scattered across his desk along with a few pictures of his family. We stood together in front of his desk.

"First of all I wanted to say congratulations. You all had great rides and I am looking forward to instructing you. One thing that I would like to say is good sportsmanship is very important to me and I want you to treat everyone on the team fairly. You got it?"

We nodded and he continued, "I will be sending an email out to all of you with practice times. We will have practice twice a day every day but Sunday for an hour and a half. That's all you may go now. See you tomorrow."

We left his office and I jumped up and down with happiness. "Yes!! I can't belive I made the advanced team!" I exclaimed, proud of myself and Dandy.

"Honestly, I'm surprised. But don't worry, when Mr. Jones sees you ride tomorrow, he will realize what a mistake he made and will kick you off the team right away so don't get comfy," Regina said.

I rolled my eyes and looked at Cody. "Whatever," he said before walking away.

I watched his back slowly disappear, confused by his rudeness. "Well then," I also left. I headed toward my dorm, pausing a few minutes from it to sit on a bench and watch the colorful leaves fall from the trees.

"They're so beautiful aren't they," I heard a voice behind me say.

I whipped my head around,"Drew!"

He walked around the back of the bench and sat beside me. "How's your day going," he asked.

"Pretty good, I made the advanced riding team!"

"Good for you. I know that means a lot to you."

"Yeah but that's enough about me, why are you coming this way? Didn't you have practice," I asked.

"Yeah but I had to come see you. I have to ask you something."

My heart fluttered and I looked at him, "What's this question you have to ask me?" I asked with raised eyebrows.

"Well, I wanted to know if you would be my girlfriend?"

I hesitated. "If it's about Regina, I broke up with her a few days ago."

"Well, when you put it that way, how could I say no?" I replied, smiling coyly at him. He leaned in and our lips met for the second time.

We broke apart and I waved bye to Drew. As I walked down the cobblestone path I thought to myself Life is great!

When I got back to my dorm, I saw a pink sticky note on the center of my bed.

Rilee, I am at the SC with
some friends. I
should be back in about
an hour.

~TORI

I moved the note to my desk and got out the stack of homework out. I worked as hard as I could but I was still working on it when Tori's key turned in the door handle.

We got ready for lunch then we left, we got our food and sat down to eat along with Drew. Drew and Tori started talking and after a while I zoned out.

I jumped as Tori snapped her fingers in front of my face,"Hello? Earth to Rilee. Where were you? We were having an important discussion. I mean hello, haunted janitors closet?"

I laughed and this time joined into the conversation, glad to be enjoying time with my BF and my BFF.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Unedited

Hey!!

The next chapter will be more horsey and will consist mainly of her first Advanced Team lesson.

In the media is Rilee's outfit that she wore to dinner.

This chapter is dedicated to alphablackwolf14. Thanks for all your votes!! ♡♡

Happy Thanksgiving!!! Comment your favorite Thanksgiving food. Mine is probably pumpkin pie! :D

~Abbi ♡♡