Chapter 21

Nico
(FYI, what's in italics is a dream.)

Nico thrashed and tossed in his sleep, but he didn't wake, stuck in his own head.

Nico was in a empty feild, staring at a form laying in the grass in the distance. Hesitant but curious, he edged forward, so that he was close enough to see who it was.
The form was Will, laying on his back, staring upwards.
The fact that it was Will made Nico back up fearfully but, when he looked closer, he saw that Will was holding what looked like a scalpal. Nico was now very nervous. Why the hell did he have that? Nico almost backed up again, but he stopped cold when he saw Will drag it across his forearm, drawing a line of blood. Nico gulped nervously.
He dared to edge away, not wanting to be here while Will did this, but once more he stopped when he heard Will mumble his name. Nico's eyes widened. This time he moved closer, then he could hear a little clearer what Will was saying. "I'm sorry, Nico. I'm so so sorry." Nico stared in stark shock. He was doing this because of him?
Nico wanted to stop him but the crippling fear he still felt for the blonde was there so he couldn't move. He was torn between leaving and going to him but he couldn't seem to do either.
'No one deserves to feel like they have to do this,' he told himself and, after a breath, called out Will's name.
The blonde immediately sat up, trying to hide both his forearm and the blade from view.
"Nico, I-"

Nico jolted awake with a gasp and jumped out of bed, into shoes, and was out the door in his pajamas before Percy had time to fully comprehend that Nico was awake and leaving.
Before Nico even had a plan of what he was doing, he was head up the walkway to the Apollo cabin and hesitating on the doorstep. 'No one deserves to feel this way,' he reminded himself and barged in, surprising several Apollo kids but he didn't care about them. Quickly he was able to find Will, who was conspicuously wearing a long-sleeved shirt. It made a lump form in Nico's throat and he choked that and his inherent fear down as Will saw him and stood unconsiously, paling. "Come with me," Nico said in a tone that indicated he wasn't to be argued with and Will nodded, following Nico out of the cabin and around the back, his face betraying his confusion.

Will

Will didn't understand why Nico had sought him out after all that happened but he wasn't about to contradict the Italian when he had that look on his face.
They went into the woods enough to be out of earshot of any of Will's nosey cabinmates and Nico wheeled on him. Will stopped instantly.
"Show me your arms." Will paled again. "What?"
Nico snatched Will's wrists and shoved up the sleeves of his shirt and all Will could think was, 'How did he know?'
Nico saw the bandages that covered Will's left forearm and his cold look softened. Suddenly, Will couldn't look him in the face, not after this.
All Nico said was, "Why?" Will didn't know how to explain to him what he felt so he told the simplest version he could think of, eyes still on the ground, "I deserve to hurt for hurting you."
Then Will felt Nico envelope him in a hug and was almost too startled to breathe. Nico seemed surprised too, but he hid it better than Will.
They stayed that way a bit before Nico pulled back and sighed. "Not even you deserve this."

AN: FUQ NO NICO DON'T FALL FOR IT GDI
No, Nico's too big a softy, you can't ugh.
This is my writing and I'm still like HOE DON'T DO IT
ugh
anyway
I hope you guys like it and enjoy it because it is 3:12am as I'm writing this and I'm hella jittery but I wanted to get this done for you guys. I might edit this but idk I'm too tired. Either way, I will see all you lovely puff pastries next chapter.
˜Tom