Frogs

Grandpa slowly slid the garage door open, it clicking while he did so. What Sam and Zoe saw left them gobsmacked. Grandpa owned a blue and white 1957 Ford Fair-lane convertible 500 skyliner.

"Well, how do you like that beauty, huh?" Grandpa asked.

"What the..." Zoe whispered aloud to herself.

"It's a beauty," Sam smiled.

"Come on, let's get in," Grandpa patted Sam's shoulder.

"I call shot gun!" Zoe screamed and threw herself at the passenger.

"Hey, can I drive it on the way back?" Sam looked expectantly at Grandpa.

"Yeah, fat chance. Nobody drives this baby but me," all the doors slammed shut and the twins looked around at the interior. Leather seats and a Babe Ruth bobble head on the dash. Grandpa turned the ignition on and the engine road to life. Zoe let out a devious laugh at the sound causing Sam and Grandpa to look at her wearily.

"Gotta let her warm up a little," Grandpa revved the engine.

"Hear that sound? Just like a baby pussycat," Sam and Zoe frowned at the old man, both disturbed and confused.

"Okay! let's go to town," Grandpa placed both hands on the wheel and revved the engine.

"Alright," the twins chorused and prepared for the car to move. Their grins wide and excited until the engine cut off. Grandpa jumped out of the car and closed the door. The twins were astonished and looked between each other and Grandpa. Grandpa knelt down to the open window and smiled at them.

"Well we having fun or what?"

"I'm gonna go with, or what," Zoe told him.

"I thought we were going to town," Sam repeated Grandpa's words.

"That's as close to town as I like to get," Grandpa hummed and walked away. Their was a moment of silence, only the sound of Grandpa's feet against the gravel could be heard.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" Zoe shouted and jumped out of the car.

"What a weirdo, man," Sam sighed before doing the same.

---

"Did we seriously have to come back here?" Zoe hissed at Sam as they walked through the comic store entrance. Sam told her that they were going to go on the rides, but she was gravely mistaken.

"We gotta give them the impression that they don't scare us out," Sam whispered as he noticed the boys staring at them, again. Zoe scrunched her nose.

"They don't scare me, just weird me out," she glanced at the boys. Bandanna boy wore the same red bandanna around his head along with a camo shirt, the other boy was wearing a muscle top and camo jeans. She looked behind them to see the same two adults sleeping next to the TV. Sam looked at the boys and smiled cockily, as if he were mocking the fact that they came back. Zoe followed as he purposefully stopped at the comics in front of them on the other side of the shelf and picked one up at random. The two boys stepped up to the shelf and stared at the twins. Sam flicked through the pages and briefly looked up at the boys. Zoe picked up a comic for herself and skimmed through the pages. The boys looked at each other before going back to staring. Sam and Zoe simultaneously put their comics down and walked further into the isle. The boys followed.

"Notice anything unusual about Santa Carla yet?" muscle top asked. 

"I can name something right now, if you'd like?" Zoe quirked a brow at the bows and she saw the boys look between each other and smirk.