Chapter Twenty Five

**When you see ITIHYKOL that stand for It's That I Hate You Kind of Love**

Breathe.

Inhale.

Exhale.

And again.

Inhale.

Exhale.

And-

"Carson! I think somebody broke your human!"

My teeth jammed together in annoyance, my eyes squeezing shut. Nails dug into my soft palms, leaving marks of crescent moons no doubt.

-again.

Inhale.

Exhale.

And again.

In-

"Shut up, you idiot," Came Carson's playful growl outside of the shiny, black SUV. "And get inside before I kick your sorry ass."

Cracking my eyes open I spotted him grinning and lightly shoving Jay towards the house, a box of my stuff shifting precariously in the future Beta's grip. Jay chuckled-a sound I would have expected to be like a cackle but was actually quite alluring- and mockingly saluted him.

Even before Jay was headed up the walkway and following Zach through the wide doorway, my gaze had turned back to Carson.

The guy had been exceptionally happy since we left my house two hours after lunch. While a few tearful hugs had been shed and sorrowful silences by my family, he hadn't said a word. When Bailey hugged the life out of me, still no visible emotion could be seen flitting through his blue, cobalt eyes. Even when Jay started growling and showing the massive growth of his irritation-no reaction. It wasn't until we were in the car with all my boxes packed in the back and Zach behind the wheel did he really show how happy-no- how elated he was that I was 'his.'

While minor jabs at humanity were being thrown my way by Jay, Carson merely shrugged them off with a grin. Now that I was back at his precious pack house, nothing would change his mood for the worse.

I had refused to exit the car from his doorway on the left back passenger seat, and with a few tugs and my cries of anger, he finally stopped. Yes, he stopped, only to move to the other side of the SUV in order to access my non-budging seatbelt better.

It wasn't really the seatbelt's fault. I just really, really didn't want to go in there.

Carson knocked lightly on the tinted window and I jumped, brown eyes widening in surprise at his excited smile. He tugged on the door and a smirk spread across my face when he realized I had locked it.

Take that, dog.

Still, his bright, white smile didn't turn upside down.

"You really think that's going to work?" Carson chuckled, the sound resonating like a deep rumble in his chest. He teasingly held up the keys around his forefingers and waggled them back and forth before the window. Tossing them showily in the air, he quickly caught them in his right palm and pressed the red button with a loud Click!

Too bad that I was ready for him.

Before he could move, I slammed my hand on the child's lock.

His smile faded a little into something more mischievous and he cocked an eyebrow as if to say, 'You really want to play this game?'

My smirk widened and I rapidly unlocked and relocked the car. Oh yeah I was going to play this game. And I was going to win. Well, I can't really win in a sense, but this beast is not going to get his way so easily. Not with me.