Chapter Fourteen

A/N:

I FORGOT TO MENTION BEFORE THAT THIS CHAPTER WAS NOT POSSIBLE WITHOUT THE AID FROM PJO1234 & JamieCulver

 MY HANDS ARE FROZEN

THIS WOULDA BEEN UPDATED SOONER BUT LIKE I'VE BEEN HANGING ABOUT ATTRACTIVE PEOPLE ALL NIGHT WHOOPS

"Knowing that just makes things worse!" Lizz added on, clinging with all her might to Jay's leg--curling around it like a sloth--as Cole pulled the chain of his teammates to a slightly safer place inside the Temple.

As soon as she was completely inside, Lizz heard the taunting echos of Sensei Yang and she doubled in on herself, covering her ears, "Get him out!"

"Lizz! Lizz?" Cole was crouched in front of her, grabbing her wrists, "Lizz, he's taunting all of us. Ignore him. We have to stay focused."

She took a deep breath and straightened out with a throaty snort, "Freakin' ghosts. Freakin' Yang. 'm focused now," she took another deep breath, "'f I freak out jus' leave me behind, 'aight?"

"We're not leaving you behind anywhere," Jay snapped, "Especially not in this creepy place. C'mon, let's move."

Jay ended up leading them back to their half-safe haven of the study on the second floor. They were scattered about the room and Jay was still shuddering, "Alright, so there's no way out of the Haunted Temple, but at least all the commotion's died down."

"Yeah," Kai nodded as he folded his arms over the back of Lizz's neck--so his elbows rested on her shoulders. He was leaning close to her, pressing a gentle kiss to the back of her head--she allowed him to, needing the close company at the moment, "We just gotta get through the night. Together," he added on after a moment, "Show Yang we're not scared."

Lizz jumped, "D-Did that picture just move?!"

All eyes turned to the picture on the wall and the boys shook their heads, "You're seeing things, Lizzi," Jay told her.

The clock tolled the hour, loud and assertive compared to the gentle ticking beforehand. Everyone screamed, and Cole put his hand on his heart, "I-I-It's just the clock! We're not afraid of time! But... we are afraid of not getting out of here in time..." he paused, his hands suddenly flying up to tangle in his hair, "Oh my gosh! Why did we spend the night in a haunted temple?!"

"EVERYONE! GET AHOLD OF YOURSELVES!" Zane shouted, stomping his foot on the floor, "EVEN IF MY VOLUME WASN'T STUCK, I'D STILL BE YELLING AT THIS DECIBEL!"

Cole groaned, "Zane's right. What are we doing? We need to toughen up! We're Ninja! We already missed out on Airjitzu the first time, we can't let this opportunity pass!"

Kai stepped away from Lizz--he didn't noticed how she stiffened up--and over towards a painting of the sea that was hung on the wall, "Uh... guys...? Are paintings supposed to move?"

"Th-They do in Harry P-Potter..." Lizz stepped up to Kai's side, watching the gentle waves rock back and forth. It was honestly quite soothing to her.

And then Jay was at her right side, pounding his fist on the painting. As soon as he did that, water began pouring from the frame, splashing onto her feet. Lizz cracked a small smile. Cole threw his hands up in the air, "Why would you touch the scary picture, Jay?"

"I didn't know it would do that, Cole!" Jay snapped back, his hands akimbo on his hips.

Lizz glanced around, "K-Kai?!"