No fire

The yellow eyed boy started getting impatient and kicked around stones. The taller boy replaced a bottle full of oil with a empty one. These two 'allies?' 'enemies?' have been walking around for at least 4 days now looking for their separate things.

Wirt was looking for his brother.
Bipper was looking for his other soul.

"Can you hurry? I don't understand why you keep that light lit if your brothers not in it." An annoying voice filled the silence and destroyed it with his echoes.

Wirt glared up at him and gave him a 'I-know-what-I'm-doing' kind of look... He truly hated Bipper. He wished he could ditch him while he was sleeping or something but it was harder then it sounds.

Once Wirt did try. Bipper usually refused to sleep but he was still human and a 12 year old at that. While Bipper was sleeping Wirt saw his chance in leaving him but Bipper was his only way of communication with the beast. The beast that split his soul in two and gave the less dark side to Wirt. The beast whos soul is forever connected with Wirts. The beast that took Greg away from him and refused to give him back.

"If I find Greg I want to be ready. What if it only receive his soul? I have to put it in here or it'd be lost and eventually consumed by the beast or.... me by accident." His voice was harsh then soft and worried towards the end. Wirt lived off souls now and had no problem with taking one now but the thought of Greg's lost soul roaming the Unknown was too much for him to even think about.

Bipper hardly cared for Wirt either. But in a way he needed him. He honestly wanted to leave Dipper's body but Dipper's soul wasn't around. Without a soul to inhabit the body Bill couldn't leave it. Bill wanted to find his soul and give his body back but he couldn't. That's why he followed Wirt. He knew most about souls in the first place.

"Greg is extremely annoying. I don't even know why you want him back." Bipper just continued watching the oil spill into the half full bottle.

Bill's words cut Wirt deep. They weren't meant to be cold but they were.

"Don't you dare talk about Greg like that. You especially.." The tall one faced the shorter one and his face darkened. He held back everything he had not to punch that smug smile off those stubborn lips. "You were always the annoying one. You are always the one in my way. Every single time I get close to finding out where Greg is you get in the way!-" Wirt started yelling and was ready to let his anger out on Bipper.

"Hey. Don't raise your voice at me. If I wasn't in this kids body I would be more powerful than you could ever imagine." Bipper stated confidently. It was true and he didn't intend on lying."Then why don't you leave the body-? You've possessed it for so long, you monster- THE SOUL IS ALREADY DEAD." Wirt's words just made him realize that maybe he will never get his true power back. Soon he'll probably turn human. He'll just be useless.

"I KNOW IT'S NOT DEAD- YOU ARE THE MONSTER YOU EAT SOULS." The 12 year old shouted back. He pushed Wirt backwards using as much force as possible.

Wirt fell backwards breaking the last bottle of oil and the lantern going out as well. He looked around in the darkness in shock. He didn't know how to make a fire. The oil was all gone too. The glass was shattered and spread across the floor.

The only light came from both of their glowing eyes- which wasn't much light at all. Wirt's emotions were going crazy. He was angry mostly..but also felt like just sitting there and crying.

"You...you- the lantern- the oil. All my hard work is gone-" Bipper just watched the other one sit in shock. "because of you." Wirt finally said.

The demon tried showing no expression but inside he felt bad for him. All his work going into shattered glass on a puddle of oil. His gaze went on the other. He looked shocked still just sitting on the floor. "There's no more fire." Was all he could say.

Bipper sat down across from him. The lantern and the oil was the things separating them. He picked up the lantern and placed it right side up on the wooden floor. The lantern was cold now and the oil was everywhere on the right side of it.

Bip slid off the oil and focused on the lantern. He placed his hand on top of it and seconds later a light appeared. Blue fire danced from the inside of the lantern and illuminated both their faces. Bipper looked up at Wirt and smirked when he saw his eyes widen.

"....How-?" Wirt watched the fire in amazement. He knew Bipper was a demon but he didn't know he could make fire appear like that. The fire was truly beautiful. Bipper showed Wirt his hand. He spread out his fingers and they burst into flames.

"I'm not completely useless."