hate from the start

It's not often you find a 12 year old roaming the Unknown on their own. But when you do you take their soul. You feast on them for a few days, picking bits and pieces off of it every once in a while. You don't want to eat it in one go. Unfortunately that's exactly what Wirt had in mind. 

The child walked a confident pace. Every 10 seconds he would look around as if he was trying to find something that was lost. He wore gray shorts, a red shirt, a blue vest, and a white and blue cap with a pine tree plastered on the front. Thank god he looked repulsive, otherwise Wirt would have felt bad about his soul being his 5th meal since he lost Greg.

Wirt followed him. 

The boy walked for a good minute or so before he noticed how cold it got. He swore the temperture just went down 5 degrees. He tugged his vest up and wrapped his arms around his swrany frame. The boy in distress didn't seem to stop Wirt in the slightest.

What did stop him is when the boy stopped mid tracks. He wipped around to reveal yellow glowing eyes and cat-like pupils. They were wide and they lit up his entire face. Wirt jumped back.

This was no normal child. It was a possessed child. Wirt knew the signs. Their were rumors a few months ago about a kid that got possessed in south Oregon. The pictures taken were at a theater. Even though they were blurred pictures, anyone with eyes could see that the eyes glowed yellow.

"Stay back, demon." Wirt stepped back.

"Says the one following me," The kids voice was loud and it echoed horribly. The kid laughed at Wirt. "I've heard of the so called beast but never have I thought the stories were true!" He was probably refering to Wirt's muti-colored eyes. Those eyes belonged to the beast and no other.

Wirt hated this kid already. Now he was annoyed and starving. The kid walked towards Wirt, this time Wirt stepped back into a tree. The kid laughed.

"Well," The kid glanced at Wirt's antlers. "Branches, my name's Bipper. It was nice meeting you but I got a soul to find and a world to take over." Bipper started walking off in other direction. Wirt leaned off the tree and blurted out,

"I know about souls-" Wirt stopped himself. Actually he knew nothing about souls. He just knew how to devour them in one go. He knew as much about souls as he knew how to ask for directions. That's saying a lot. But he had to try. Having a demon on his side would benefit in finding the beast.

"So I've heard,," Bipper faced him again. "Did you want to tag along?"