Nightmarish

Ok so, Bipper says he loves pain and Wirt says he hates it. They also happen to lie a lot.

Ever since Bipper fell down those stairs in the mystery shack, he hated the piercing pain he felt in the back of his head. The feeling of a broken bone flew through his body immediately after he hit the last step. Sure he can heal himself but that feeling never went away. He still felt the pain and now? Everytime he trips over a branch or Wirt accidentally hits him with his antlers, he feels it and it reminds him that he's still trapped in a 13 year old.

Wirt is almost the opposite. He doesn't love pain but it does comfort him. After the beast put half of himself in Wirt nothing felt the same. He felt more... powerful. He could feel the darkness pulsing through his veins. Also instead of getting hungry for actual food, he got hungry for souls. Preferably child souls. Everytime Wirt felt pain it reminded him that a part of him is still human.

So here they are camping out in a damp sticky cave in the middle of the rain. Wirt gathered the sticks and logs while Bipper got the fire going. It was extremely cold that night.

"Bipper if I add any more wood you might set the entire cave on fire." Wirt threw a log into the fire and sat down near it. Bipper was warming his hands.

"How are you not freezing? If I didn't know any better I'd say we're in Canada right now.."

"We're in Oregon-"

"And it's snowing in summer!" Bipper gestured to the cave opening, where snow was gathering up.

Wirt glanced at the opening of the cave and sighed. "Just go to sleep already so we can leave this place as fast as possible."

Bipper pouted but went to curl up in one of the corners of the cave. "Try to leave the fire on all night."

-

"Bill."

"Bill you son of a-"

-

"DIPPER WHAT THE F-"

"BIPPER SHUT UP." Wirt jumped up from where he was leaning against the cave wall. "You are so loud in your sleep. I swear someone from a mile away could hear you."

The demon sat up and shivered. "I had a dream about his soul" Bipper reset the fire. "He started cussing me out and then tired to attack me.. I woke up after."

Wirt glanced at the cave opening. He gasped and put all his attention to the entrance.

The cave entrance had a layer and ice covering the entire hole. The ice had to be at least two inches thick. Ok Oregon is cold but this cold? And in summer?

"Bipper, did you do that?" Wirt got up and walked to the ice. He put his hand against the wall and damn. It was freezing. "Melt it down."